Tuning Packages

Cam1177

Reaction score
Albeit that my car is in the garage being repaired, I am narrowing down my choice for tuning my 1.8T qs (190) audi. In speaking with some of the tuners, a lot of them come back to me with packages, eg on top of the remap, you should go for a performance air filter and the Forge DV valve, and exhaust if money can stretch that far.

Unfortunately i cant afford the miltek exhaust, at the moment at least, but is there any worth in having the air filter and dv as well? I really dont want to be hearing the Whoooossh or Psssshht every time i change gear, been there and had the T shirt. Having a look round the forum, i am right in saying that in changing the air filter as well as the dv, the noise would be more audible than keeping the oem air filter? The older i get the more confusing things become :uhm:

Again, any help much appreciated. Cheers

Personally I wouldn't bother spending the extra cash on a new filter and DV, the standard items are more than capable of coping with a remap and won't hinder the gains the tuner will achieve.

The standard DV's generally only last about two years, but given that they cost about £20 and are easy to fit, it's not really a concern.

Agreed forget the filter as there are no gains to be had but a 225TT DV might a good upgrade and cheap and even a N75 J valve.

I really dont want to be hearing the Whoooossh or Psssshht every time i change gear, been there and had the T shirt. Having a look round the forum, i am right in saying that in changing the air filter as well as the dv, the noise would be more audible than keeping the oem air filter? The older i get the more confusing things become :uhm:

Again, any help much appreciated. Cheers

I've got a K&N panel filter and Hyperboost HX diverter valve too. It sounds the same as stock, no difference at all :thumbsup:

I'd keep the standard valve until it fails and then go for a piston one (Hyperboost, Forge, Bailey etc).

BUB

We are offering a few packages at the moment :)

I have not had time to put up the packages up for the A4 but:

Custom-Code Phase 1
Forge 007P DV
Green Cotton air filter
Milltek Cat-Back system (4WD)

RRP will usually be £1,209.53

Package price comes to £950.00

SAVING OF £259.53!!!!

Please give us a call on 01246 455005 for more information!