Tuning Box..

Sorry to interject like this guys, but which one out of DTUK and TDi-Tuning is better? For my car, DTUK are showing higher expected power gains but surely they would be the same as a TDi-Tuning box? Plus TDi's box is a bit cheaper and one of their offices is relatively close to where I live. Thanks guys

What car do you have, our boxes are superior to theirs as we have 3 programmes (TUv approved technology) and the updated box has the facility to cover newer Audis that use SENT digital sensors. They still have a separate module for SENT (as do we) at around £550.

So for instance with ours if you swapped from a 2.0 tdi to a 3.0 tdi it’s a new loom and free software update as our box is capable of tuning a sent boost sensor found in the 3.9 218/272

With other companies you have to buy their SENT only module at £550

Then we give you a blanking plug FOC I think they charge £10 for, as they say Every little helps :)

Reactions: cuke2u and Simonwhite2000
I would always go with DTUK. Certainly I'm not the best person to talk about any technical differences but DTUK have a great reputation for product and service in terms of helping people get the most out of their box. Particularly for the s4/s5/sq5 box DTUK did an awful lot of testing with an S4 on their fleet whereas gut feel tells me TDI are more generic in their mapping and don't shout about how they test or run vehicles. An awful lot of people with Golf Rs raved about the DTUK box too. Nothing wrong with TDI I would just always go with DTUK. Why do I have a TDI box then lol. Simply because it cost me 250 quid for it less than 9 months old all boxed etc. If I was buying a new one now I would go DTUK as I was part of the WhatsApp group and nobody said a bad thing about the product. I haven't been able to hear off that many TDI customers first hand. TDI offer fitting at a few locations think DTUK can only fit in one location. These boxes are easy to fit though.
Thank you for replying to me, much appreciated mate. I've seen quite a lot of people on here talk about how good DTUK is whereas I've only seen TDI mentioned a few times. And given that I've just found out that DTUK offers a discount to Audi-Sport users I'll probably go with them.

What car do you have, our boxes are superior to theirs as we have 3 programmes (TUv approved technology) and the updated box has the facility to cover newer Audis that use SENT digital sensors. They still have a separate module for SENT (as do we) at around £550.

So for instance with ours if you swapped from a 2.0 tdi to a 3.0 tdi it’s a new loom and free software update as our box is capable of tuning a sent boost sensor found in the 3.9 218/272

With other companies you have to buy their SENT only module at £550

Then we give you a blanking plug FOC I think they charge £10 for, as they say Every little helps :)
I have an Audi A3 Saloon 1.6 TDI and that sounds great! I'll probably phone up sometime soon then and get one as a little birthday treat, thanks guys!

Reactions: Buxton2901 and Simonwhite2000
With the app and Bluetooth module can you not turn it off from there? To run stock whilst still attached?
Depending on how well it's hidden, the techs will probably see it

Reactions: Simonwhite2000
Thank you for replying to me, much appreciated mate. I've seen quite a lot of people on here talk about how good DTUK is whereas I've only seen TDI mentioned a few times. And given that I've just found out that DTUK offers a discount to Audi-Sport users I'll probably go with them.

I have an Audi A3 Saloon 1.6 TDI and that sounds great! I'll probably phone up sometime soon then and get one as a little birthday treat, thanks guys!
We ran a 1.6 tdi A3 black edition for 12 months and used that time to perfect the box for the 1.6

The crd3+ has just been updated and would cover

1.6/2.0/3.0 tdi/4.0 tdi
1.0/1.2/1.4/1.5/1.8/2.0 Tfsi our of the box with new software.

It can be updated at a cost of £100 on top of the loom to cover

2.5/2.9/3.0 Tfsi that in the latest cars use SENT digital technology

In all of those cases the box utilises 3 connections

2 boost plus cam for petrol (either analogue orndigital of a mix of both)
Fuel, boost and can for diesel

The analogy I have just thought up is this.

“A lot of people think that a tin of beans whatever brand is on the outside, is simply a tin of beans”

Well people in the know, know that you can’t beat “Heinz” ..

I’d say that we are the Heinz in the tuning box market

Reactions: Invicta, cuke2u, NevMan and 1 other person
But I like Branston beans lol.
The only reason I have a TDI tuning box Is I bought it from another member on asn.
Would have loved a DTUK box but her indoors would have lost her mind at spending 400-500 on a tuning box for an already 313bhp car lol. Needless to say she likes cars but not modifying them

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
With the app and Bluetooth module can you not turn it off from there? To run stock whilst still attached?
The box and its associated cables would be obvious to anyone, wouldn't even need to be a technician. For a simple less than ten minute job to remove it doing so will hardly create a sweat...

Reactions: Simonwhite2000
Yeah take the box off. Some dealers are not bothered about you having a box on the car but they dont want it to be there when it comes in!

So pretty impressive mpg on my drive from Suffolk to Leeds, managed over 50mpg pretty easily and didn't hang about...

So pretty impressive mpg on my drive from Suffolk to Leeds, managed over 50mpg pretty easily and didn't hang about...

Do you have a tuning box? And was that the car readout or worked out yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologies for my delayed reply, been playing with my grandaughter on the few occassion I get to see here. Yes only what is indicated on the DIS and with the tuning box fitted....

I did reset myself however by taking the box off for a few days and reminding myself of what the standard car is like. I think doing this every now and then might keep me from doing anything else.
Or drive a 1.0l fiesta as I've just done. I think I may have made a hole in the carpet by trying to press the throttle pedal through it...

Reactions: WesT-gefül, NevMan and Simonwhite2000