1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuning box

m19hud Jul 28, 2018

1. m19hud

m19hud Active Member Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group

Been looking at a tuning box for my 2.0 tdi. Anyone used one? Good stories\horror stories? Any experience appreciated.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. A12RNX

A12RNX Active Member TeamMisano Team V6 Audi S4 saloon Audi A6

I don’t have a tuning box but unless you still have warranty on the car then I would definitely go for a proper remap.

I have a Revo on my 2.0tdi A6 and what a difference it made.
    Didn’t give anything extra in the way of Mpg to be honest but I wanted the extra power for when I had a fully loaded car as I felt the engine didn’t have enough.

I now have 213 bhp, 346ftlb of torque. Also reliability has been amazing. Remapped at 100k, I’m now on 223k everything enginewise is original serviced every 15k.

m19hud likes this.
  4. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Well-Known Member

I've run them on 3 different cars. Not as good as a fully fledged remap but worthwhile. Just make sure you get a decent one.

On my 5 series diesel and Golf R I used DTUK multi channle tuning boxes. In the BM I did 60K in it in 2 years and I thrashed the pants of that car with no issues at all. In the Golf R I ran it for 5K miles as the ECU on them hadn;t been cracked. I then took the car to stage 2 so the tuning box went.

I also bought a TMC tuning box for my s6, very good but decided I wanted to take the car further so went for a remap.

So to paraphrase the multi channel ones are very good. DTUK seem better than most but I would look at TMC for your Audi.

5. m19hud

m19hud Active Member Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group

Thanks for the insight. Im
    Not looking to do much to it engine wise as is my daily. Dtuk was one of options i looked at. More reaearch required

6. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Well-Known Member

DTUK - you wont go wrong. They are great and offer decent discounts and the support is spot on.