Tuning box -190 TDI

I've tried every other programe now. and must say 3+1 is most probably the best one out of them all. I used 3+3 and oh my it does feel like 240bhp there but I'm guessing there'll be a lot of stress on the engine components if using this setting??

Reactions: Simonb1975
There will be more stress, but unless you drive around using the throttle like an on off switch you should be ok. It could be the dmf that'll suffers also if you using widfe throttle openings at low rpm in a too higher gear, or do racing starts...

Reactions: h1r4
Well I had a demo fit of a Stage 3 box on my car today and all I can say is......WOW!!!!

Pushes the car up to 240 bhp and 510 nm Torque!

I feels absolutely rapid on the maps ranging from progressive power delivery to mid-range punch.
The car ended up driving like my old S3 rather than a diesel!

Where did you go for the demo fit and how much is it, I can only see the stage 2 kit on the website ?

Where did you go for the demo fit and how much is it, I can only see the stage 2 kit on the website ?
I went to DTUK and had the demo there. The guy told me the Stage 3 is just out as like you, I only saw the Stage 1 & 2 on their website.

Reactions: DarGri
Ahh I see, I'll be around Newcastle on Mon/Tue . . I might have to swing down by Gateshead for a test.

I went to DTUK and had the demo there. The guy told me the Stage 3 is just out as like you, I only saw the Stage 1 & 2 on their website.
There is stage 3? what are the figures? similar to stage 2 or..?

I think it's still the same or similar figures to the Stage 2 but more improved

Same figures as S2 but Tri band to include a cam sensor feed, picking mine up on Tuesday

Reactions: ScottishA4B9 and h1r4
Picked one up today from DTUK (the tri channel model), after speaking to them on the phone yesterday I had a few questions/reservations regarding the tuning boxes, he soon put them to bed and I promptly decided to drive up today to pick one up.
Dealt with Simon who was very knowledgeable and he fitted the unit for me (5min job), and then spent the next half hour out on the road with me trying the different settings and explaining how it works.

I preferred map 3+2 as in my opinion it has transformed the car completely, it pulls better all round, and feels smoother for some reason,and when you get past 3k it really comes to life, they claim around 240ps and I wouldn't be surprised if it was,as it feels way way quicker than before especially in the higher gears!only done 200miles but so far very happy with it and would recommend to anybody thinking about it. Too early to see any difference in mpg yet as Obviously i needed to ensure the box was still working,,in every gear, all the way home.

Reactions: h1r4 and DarGri
Picked one up today from DTUK (the tri channel model), after speaking to them on the phone yesterday I had a few questions/reservations regarding the tuning boxes, he soon put them to bed and I promptly decided to drive up today to pick one up.
Dealt with Simon who was very knowledgeable and he fitted the unit for me (5min job), and then spent the next half hour out on the road with me trying the different settings and explaining how it works.

I preferred map 3+2 as in my opinion it has transformed the car completely, it pulls better all round, and feels smoother for some reason,and when you get past 3k it really comes to life, they claim around 240ps and I wouldn't be surprised if it was,as it feels way way quicker than before especially in the higher gears!only done 200miles but so far very happy with it and would recommend to anybody thinking about it. Too early to see any difference in mpg yet as Obviously i needed to ensure the box was still working,,in every gear, all the way home.

I think you were in while I was speaking to Andrew today, apparently Simon came back grinning from ear to ear after the test drive. . (unless another A4 tdi 190 was in today)

Welcome by the way ☺️

Thank you,
and yes I think that would be me! His grin wasn't as big as mine in the way home!

Ohh I believe I got that one then mine has the tri channel. was bit hard to get on at first! now it's very easy!

I think it might be time for some pictures of a box either fitted being fitted, please, showing the connection points...

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Yes that's a great idea. A fitting guide would be good!

I never tried any of the maps past +1 as they don't really recommend it. I found map 3 +1 as rapid so anything after that out be seriously fast!!

The box comes with a fitting guide but I'm sure if you email hem they will send you a copy by essentially, the engine cover comes off and all three plugs are easily accessible, and the unit tucks away in the front rift of the engine bay and is Velcro trim wrapped to the side. It's actually a very tidy install to be honest

I know how it's done, as I had one fitted to my A3, it is pictures of fitting it to a A4 I am interested in and the actual placement of the sensors, which will be different to the ones that were on my engine. I just like those under bonnet shots ;-)

I'll put a few pics of mine on tomorrow depending on the weather.

Had one fitted today..

I like others am on 3+1 and am more than happy with the results, I wouldn't say it jumps out as being much more powerful but it certainly pulls a lot harder and a lot longer than before.

How are you guys getting on with the DTUK box? Have you had any stop/start errors or has the engine management light come on at all?

Have had mine come on, after 1-2 months of use.
I had the start stop and drive system fault. The box was on 3+1 so no idea as to why it was doing this. However the cars going in on Wednesday to see what's up ( hopefully a faulty sensor) and also it's going in again for a B&O speaker replacement once again...

Strange because I had one fitted to my A3 1.4, that was flawless as far as warning lights were concerned..

I kinda wonder if the RaceChip box is the better option since it can be updated by the customer with an app via Bluetooth. A few guys in this thread have received updates from RaceChip to see if it helps with the stop/start errors. I don't think they've fixed it 100% yet, but it seems like they've made some good progress.

Mine also came on a few times over the course of a week, took it to Audi (after taking the box off) and turns out the boost sensor was at fault.

Box has been back on since and no more issues yet.

Reactions: cuke2u and h1r4
What Dtuk box are you using? The one I had on my b8 won't fit my 3l tdi ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaker was replaced which is annoying me now twice in less than a year, might just replace the factory sub. The front speakers can't handle bass at a hill!

, they couldn't find out why the drive system fault was coming up? So maybe it was the dtuk box?

Well in September the front two bass speakers were replaced aswell as the centre tweeter and both front door speakers

Last week the front bass right hand side speaker was replaced. I could hear the cracking and popping and buzzing and knew it happened again

Are yous using the new tuning box on the 190? My b8 one don't work, trying to sell it for a new type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to find a live tuning box related thread. Also, I'm happy you like what you got. Would you mind to answer a question, especially the TDI owners? Do you have any side effects or issues with the tuning boxes? Do your engines run and sound as smooth as untuned? Did you notice any unwanted sounds, knocks, detonation as if you're running on low quality fuel. I'm asking because I experienced all of that with a tdi-tuning twin channel box (fuel + turbo).

Glad to find a live tuning box related thread. Also, I'm happy you like what you got. Would you mind to answer a question, especially the TDI owners? Do you have any side effects or issues with the tuning boxes? Do your engines run and sound as smooth as untuned? Did you notice any unwanted sounds, knocks, detonation as if you're running on low quality fuel. I'm asking because I experienced all of that with a tdi-tuning twin channel box (fuel + turbo).

Hi dp,

None of the above, aside from the extra power/torque you’d never know anything had been done.. those in the know however will be able to tell by the dirty great permanent grin on your face.

Hi dp,

None of the above, aside from the extra power/torque you’d never know anything had been done.. those in the know however will be able to tell by the dirty great permanent grin on your face.
I got refund for the box a year ago. I got a remap last summer. I'm happy since then :)

I have the 3 channel box fitted to my 150 tdi (Company car.. had no choice in the matter)...
Had some issues with acceleration dropout when at wide open throttle at higher speeds.

Andrew at DTUK remapped my box but the issue remained.

With his help we investigated the problem.. turns out the maps he uses are 'exaggerated' from the standard German maps that come with the box.

Using this info and his guidance.. I've set my box to Map 1 - 0 (Which is effectively German +3) and my car goes like a rocket! without any hiccups.

Has anyone else got something fitted to a 150?