tuners in the north east!!!

a4quat

Reaction score
does anybody know of any decent tuners in this area? ive recently had two quotes to remap/chip my car, theres a company in york thats offered to remap my car for £299 and theres a company in northallerton thats quoted me £499 to fit a superchip? the £299 sounds good enough to me but whats the difference? and has anyone been any where else in the area and been happy with the price of their remap/chip?

yeah they have quoted me £500 in the past too for a live remap!

i had my 1.8T Quattro remapped by DPM only a couple of weeks ago and im very pleased with the results. Definitely recommend them mate

cheers fella, has it affected fuel consumption? what bhp is your car running at now and have you any other mods done?

a4quat said:
cheers fella, has it affected fuel consumption? what bhp is your car running at now and have you any other mods done?

To be honest ive only just used a full tank of petrol since getting it done. was getting 440 miles and ive only got 370 miles now, but obviously i have been a little heavy footed so id say fuel consumption hardly changes, depends how you drive really. Averaging 30mpg according to the computer.

I had the original bosch diverter valve changed as it wasnt working, had it replaced with a Forge 007p which is meant to be one of the better ones. Definitely worth doing i think. Other than that and the 18inch alloys the car is standard matey

djakster said:
was getting 440 miles and ive only got 370 miles now,

ive never got any more than 290 miles to the tankful and thats taking it very steady!!!!!!!!!with computer showing 28.5mpg!!!!!!!!

I had my 1.9TDi remapped by Damien and am still well happy with the results. And once I got over initial heavy footedness and calmed down, the fuel consumption did improve slightly over the pre-remap figures, getting around the 600 miles to a tank mark.

a4quat said:
ive never got any more than 290 miles to the tankful and thats taking it very steady!!!!!!!!!with computer showing 28.5mpg!!!!!!!!

yeah maybe the fuel tanks are a different size in the A4? and to answer your other question im not sure on bhp figure but i was told it would be around the 220 bhp mark, which sounds great but ill have to get it on the rolling road to see for sure, anything over 210 and ill be happy