Tuned vs Standard Cars: Drive 415bhp S4 vs Cayman

MBK

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I know quite a few people here like the idea of tuning (me included) and while this is a tuned S4 rather than the RS3 I found it interesting and thought a few of you might too. Just some mild tuning on the S4 makes it a beast and here they test which is more fun a lightly tuned S4 or a Cayman - which is undoubtedly one of the great sports cars of today. Anyway the video is a lot of fun for both the cars and banter, enjoy!

You might have seen the Drive video a few weeks ago when Drive and Chris Harris tested the tuned S4 against the RS4 and there wasn't much at all in it.

Which brings me back to the RS3 because the standard statistics (real world the RS3 is quicker than the claimed figures possibly to save the blushes of bigger brothers) are a match for the RS4 and tuned S4. RS3 v Cayman (as good as the same basic price), I think the results would be similar. Tuned RS3 vs Cayman...I will leave that to your imagination.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: monkeyboy_marcus
Well I'll be buying an S4 now then :)

The tuned S4 is surely the great sleeper car of the moment. I can imagine a Cayman driver saying "what the..." as you disappear in to the distance!

Imagine what is possible, its just a remap, so I'm sure it has allot more tuning potential, for a fairly small amount of money in comparison to the NA RS4, awesome is all I can say & kind of makes the RS4 look unworthy.

My S4 B6 Avant was the same, beautiful car, but 1.8T TT's , S3's left it standing at times & I had an S3 8L at the same time & always enjoyed the boosty of the S3 when I went back to it lol, don't get me wrong the S4 was a stunning cruiser, but NA 4.2 V8 just way to heavy & costly to tune, plus when you really tanked it, the fuel gauge went down quicker than Jordan's knickers.