Tuned cars !!

Shows how unreliable extremely tuned cars can be!

Reactions: taks1, Bells and seventeenapg
Yup as a TTRS owner texted me this morning, the sweet spot on these cars is 500-550 hp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: FBF01 and Terminator x
To be fair to evolve, both these cars are not fully dialled in I believe from following their media etc but certainly not a good showing :/

Stage 1 best bang for buck is often said after that it is diminishing returns.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Yeah that's my take-away from i too... alot of extra money spent to gain alot of power, but also put it in the unreliable and inconsistent camp. I mean I'd be taking the 911 as my favourite anyway, but it 'won' by virtue of being most consistent for me.

I'd concur, "stage 2" has been reliable the past 10k miles. Although I say that with a CEL the last time I was driving it, haven't checked codes yet...

Reactions: Terminator x and 8YARWY
The issue is not the engines themselves it's the drivetrain. They have pushed the gearboxes to the limit of what they will do. TBH I think any car that needs E85 in it to get the power shouldn't really be included in these kind of tests.It's so easy to get a load more power easily with E85 .
Same if a car turns up with slick tyres on. You can't get E85 from your normal petrol station. And you could see the RS3 was running on next to no fuel as they had to refuel it. Long term reliability of the BMW and RS3 I think would be questionable.

I'll be going the DS1 flex fuel tune in Feb with no other mods. I've been down the modding path on a number of cars and its a slippery slope which often leads to regret.

Where I live I have e85 available at a station just down the road and reasonable availability in general city area. But the flex tune will provide the freedom to travel without the fear of running out and having to switch maps.

£30k on engine mods, and it can't even get down a runway twice in a row.

It might be quicker than the Turbo S in a straight line, but the Porsche can do it time after time, then take you back home for Tea.

To be fair to evolve, both these cars are not fully dialled in I believe from following their media etc but certainly not a good showing :/
Struggling to understand why the cars in question were used then. Why throw all that money, time and effort gaining the horses if the cars are not set up to use them, let alone show them off in a video like this?

Reactions: gussyldr, RS03???, savo and 1 other person