Ttv flywheel

mikeyorion

Reaction score
going to order a ttv flywheel , what brand of clutch kit would I be best getting ?
And do I need different flywheel bolts ?

Thanks in advance

I think it depends on what flywheel you actually go for;
RS4 B5 240mm flywheel
Or the Rs4 B7 flywheel

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I used 2000 s3 flywheel bolts with my rs4 b5 ttv flywheel

Not properly, bog or slip. Got a paddle clutch to fit in a couple weeks. If I haven't got into drag racing I wouldn't bother as it holds power fine other than full bore launching

Is there any other options for a single mass flywheel using a b5 rs4 clutch kit , as I'm being messed about by ttv

Been messed about by them for couple of weeks now , not returning my emails so I rung them instead ,bloke I need to speak to is always on another line so I leave my name and number with the woman who answers and never get a return call

I understand they run a business and that they do get busy , but as a business earning money is the key and not returning a call to customer who wants to order one of there £350 flywheels is a strange way of making money lol

Cheers Aragon will look into it , need one asap as mine is slipping like a pig under boost , got all the other bits just need this flywheel to work with the rs4 clutch

Reactions: Browett1982
Some companies are funny with email.

I guess they get a lot of enquiries that probably come to nothing, and thus view email as a waste of time. Seems especially prevalent in smaller businesses run by older folk.

Not replying to phone messages is a bit **** though!

Sorted in the end managed to order one , what flywheel bolts would you recommend?

S3 bolts worked for me. I ordered ones for 2000 year

I ordered the same flywheel today . I didn't have any issues with ttv returning emails in fact they replied to mines very quickly.
The guy i was ordering through was a Ben Crisp.
I asked the question about which flywheel bolt i need and was told to use new standard one which are n90765901 m10x1x43 going by 7zap
Eurocarparts are listing these for my car and have them in stock locally so i'm going to take an old one down and compare them.
http://www.eurocarparts.com/search/640440520

They also have s3 ones in stock which look shorter
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/A...32ec7b67db85452e89c5df6ed29578865255dd&000468

Might just go s3 as mikeya4 has used them and they worked

Did you fit the flywheel and what bolts did you go for?

Yea I got it sorted in the end with Ben crisp , flywheel turned up last week and I've got to say the metal work is lovely , not fitted yet as I'm parts hoarding ahah but will most likely go for the s3 ones I've tried finding some arp bolts but not had any luck yet

As i said, there are two standard bolts.

Earlier cars use 43mm bolts, later ones used 22mm bolts.

The S3 uses the same 22mm bolts as later A4's do.

Theres a simply way to tell they're the correct length. When the old flywheel is off, put its original bolts back in, and look how much they stick out. Its usually around 10mm. Then compare this to the new flywheel. It should be the same. Clearly you dont want shorter, but you also dont want longer as the bolts hit the timing wheel.

Yea got you bud I'm going on the basis mines a late car 99 facelift so I'm guessing it's fairly late anyway haha
Cant check bolt length till she's in bits, still collecting bits at the moment so hopefully soon

Hi guys

Just a quick question. I am planning to buy a flywheel from TTV. I was aiming for the 240mm which is offered for 2 clutch types.

Which model is recommended the one that takes the 2.7 or the one taking the 4.2 clutch?

Thanks

the B7 clutch is stronger afaik, but i presume would result in a heavier pedal due to higher clamping force.

Really depends how much you need. I suspect the 2.7T clutch is plenty for most 1.8T's...

Well currently building my engine with a k04 64 and I'll try to squeeze the most out of it.
The. Input shaft spline for the b5 5 speed Quattro and RS4 b5 and b7 are the same?