tts remap worth it?

sukrw

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Sorry renal is remap. Damn auto correct!!!

Thinking of getting Celtic tuning to remap my stock tts 2008 auto. They say it will go from 268bhp to 312bhp. Can you really notice the change? Is it worth the 300 quid?

I know the car is fairly nippy already but can you really tell the difference from this remap?

just wanted to know your thoughts....

Also, the tail pipes are very black and sooted and it does seem to blow a bit of black out the back when reved. Looking online this coukd be a sign of running rich. Would a remap get this sorted or do all tts blow a bit of black on revs? 55,000 miles with most of the services done etc

Thanks guys

I have just had my tts remapped and you can notice the difference but it's not boom in your face difference if that's what you think it's going to be then again my car is a every day car and it needs to be reliable and fairly economicle so it suits my driving needs.Hope that helps to answer your question

Yes. Same engine as the s3 and I would even go as far as to say its essential! And as the car adapts to the remap it will actually get better after the initial remap! My experience is based on revo though so I cant speak for celtic tuning.

Thanks guys for your views. Maybe I will go for the remap then :)

Anyone got any views on the black smoke/soot from the exhaust?

Thanks again. Its a great car