TTS Air vents

many hours later

WilderSheep.JPG

Last edited:
Teehee... I think I just cracked a rib laughing at those 2 pics:lmfao:

I bought 2 x TT vents a while back now... Just waiting on the other 2 now! :banghead:

Paid £15 on one and £20 on the other.

Teehee... I think I just cracked a rib laughing at those 2 pics:lmfao:

I bought 2 x TT vents a while back now... Just waiting on the other 2 now! :banghead:

Paid £15 on one and £20 on the other.

lucky bleeder getting those that cheep:thumbsup: nice one

LOL haha! pics say it all

no one has a part number???

LOL @ nhn : nick the bosses vents

Why do you need a part number mate, they're obvious to any parts guy, just choose TT 2008 & vents & maybe mention aluminium, simplessssssssssssssssss & if looking on the bay then they're fairly obvious looking.

I havnt reinstalled etka yet as changing IT **** about, so cant check for you, but should be easy enough to find, just ask Dave, he's always got his head in etka or elsa, lol

thanks for the reply nhn! you know what TPS can be like, unless u dont have a part number they just sell you the wrong sh*t! im referring to TPS Birmingham!

Why bother locking a thread when the point was to show that you can buy them second hand as not shown in this thread !

I locked it as it was a For Sale thread. They are not allowed.Simples.

Why you have to complain about it in pulbic i don't know, it makes a mockery of the PM you sent me.

PS i can read !!!

I've got to agree that the classified section is next to useless, and the way some for sale threads are locked is unhelpful and not in the interest of the members.

You advertised them in the car section, not parts! No wonder i didnt see them! :icon_thumright:

I want them but they always sell for good money, money i need for christmas unfortunately!

I've got to agree that the classified section is next to useless, and the way some for sale threads are locked is unhelpful and not in the interest of the members.
:rulez:

Whether the classifieds is useless or not, that's the rules. I closed it as it was a blatent plug. Why not be content with putting them in the TTS vent thread as he has, I do not know.

If someone wants some, they will ask, and can be pointed in the right direction, in this case , the cars for sale, so it's not always the classifieds fault......

You can also link to the sale in the ebay/classifieds sticky!!

but dont forget everybody, Mods can sell what they want where they want, one rule for them, another for us!

No comment!

Please use the thread provided though guys.

Last edited:
I have to admit, it got my back up a bit the other day, i've simmered down now...not like the chilli i've just ****** though that is currently blowing my head off!

So is it definately the case then that all facelift 8Ps have the same alu rings as the S3 now?

Yes it's been discussed within the admin team that's all I'll say.

Yeah all 8P3s have the alu rings mate. I was in the Audi factory last summer and as we went along the 8P production line I said to my misus "That's goings to be an S3.....and that one.......and that one?......and er that one?!..............and er.....no hang on.....!?!"

You can also link to the sale in the ebay/classifieds sticky!!

True but they are not for sale on ebay.. Just on here, all i was saying is that there was a lot of talk on this thread about how hard they are to find second hand.

So rather than add a post to the existing thread title TTS Air vents.
which had become so far of the subject , i started a new thread just to point it out. Rather than a mod just putting " thread moved " or even deleting it and letting me know with a slapped wrist.

They wrote " I am not sure how this proves no one reads the classifieds. Maybe it means no one wants them? "

Putting a question mark , and then locking it ..

There was no need for the a mod to comment al all...

hmm....maybe there was just a run on S3s that week...:whistle2: Where is said factory actually?

It's a shame as it means the S3 loses (albeit not much) a bit of exclusivity. Piano black ones would be good to match the trim option.

True but they are not for sale on ebay.. Just on here, all i was saying is that there was a lot of talk on this thread about how hard they are to find second hand.

So rather than add a post to the existing thread title TTS Air vents.
which had become so far of the subject , i started a new thread just to point it out. Rather than a mod just putting " thread moved " or even deleting it and letting me know with a slapped wrist.

They wrote " I am not sure how this proves no one reads the classifieds. Maybe it means no one wants them? "

Putting a question mark , and then locking it ..

There was no need for the a mod to comment al all...

He was simply replying to what you said from what I can tell.

As far as I'm concerned there's a big difference between posting an item for sale within an existing thread and creating a new thread to sell an item. What you have done above is perfectly ok. There's a thread talking about an item and you have it for sale so it makes sense to post a link about it. It SHOULD be in the classifieds and then you'd link to it but there's no point making a big song and dance about it if it's not.

I can understand that you might find the rule annoying but it currently you're not allowed to create a thread selling items. It takes only a little longer to put it in the classifieds and then we've extended the eBay thread to allow linking to your advert too.

The classifieds itself is being looked at but it's a big mission so please be patient.

hmm....maybe there was just a run on S3s that week...:whistle2: Where is said factory actually?

It's a shame as it means the S3 loses (albeit not much) a bit of exclusivity. Piano black ones would be good to match the trim option.

As we got further down the line it was more obvious what was what lol

It's in Ingolstadt mate. I would have loved to take pictures in the factory itself but we weren't allowed. We went to the Lamborghini factory on the same holiday too. That was an experience :rock:

To be honest I don't like the silver air vents on my car. They look cheap!

Having had the pleasure to own both a MK2 TT and now a 2009 S3 I feel the the S3 ones are better. Th grooved detail makes them much easier to use then the TT ones. Also, if you are looking t swap them out you will need to change the knobs on the headunit (RSNe, Concert, Symphony...) to match the new design.

It's a whole 'nother argument mate! lol

I am not even going there....

Guys, the rules are as is, I actually didnt intend to comment at all in the closed thread. So my appologies there. As for mods selling what they like.. No comment.:shutup2:
At least we try to be fair some forums ban, delete and do what ever they like with no explanation, comment or otherwise

Now, Cryptic, this is your chance, sell those shiney things on to someone that can make use of them, perfect opertunity.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Having had the pleasure to own both a MK2 TT and now a 2009 S3 I feel the the S3 ones are better. Th grooved detail makes them much easier to use then the TT ones. Also, if you are looking t swap them out you will need to change the knobs on the headunit (RSNe, Concert, Symphony...) to match the new design.

I'm surprised! I would much prefer the TT ones but I have [many] other things to spend my cash on.

I think its the same with the front bumper, The facelift s lines look hardly any different, especially if they are sporting black optics

The general public would find it difficult to tell the differences between a BE and a facelift S3 i reckon