TTS 2009 blowers not working advise please

OneScotty2Hotty

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2009 TTS and yesterday the blowers stopped working. The lights were on but no air on any setting.

They were working fine, then I parked the car for a couple of hours, came back and they weren't?

Strangely got in the car this morning and they were working again!? Could it be that the blower motor behind the glove box needs re lubricating? I'm not sure if it's linked but ive noticed a short high pitched squeal recently when turning the engine off?

Thanks in advance.

Did you get to the bottom of this?
My sisters TT was doing something very similar, thought it might of been connected to the recent cold weather but it turned out to be a loose connection.

Registered just to say I had the same problem on my 2010 TTS. Checked fuses, all were fine. As my car didn't have warranty anyway I decided to check it out my self rather than booking it in at Audi. Pulled out the motor and as mentioned in some other forums it was the fan seizing up(quite common apparently). All I had to do was give it a couple of spins and some wd40. Good as new.

Glove box does need to come out to gain access to it though.

Great thanks for the replys. I got the motor out and used some gt85 on it to lubricate it. Worked for a few days then stopped again. Luckily euro car parts had a sell managed to get a replacement one for £116 which i thought was pretty cheap. Seemed to fix the problem. :thumbs up: