5274.gif
Haven't a clue mate they're just been built and waiting on the the big boat lol

Reactions: pburv
Is one of 'em "ara blue crystal?" Fingers crossed, Sandra
5274.gif
Anyone mentioned your avatar yet?.....Lovely 'derriere'.......:hubbahubba:

Reactions: Gordo77, 45bvtc, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Reactions: 45bvtc, Jassyo06, AudiNutta and 1 other person
If, this was a refrigerant issue, surely it would affect other TT models?

I would have thought so yes. But I'm thinking for example in the RS3 Sportback, the battery was moved to the boot to allow for the engine to fit.
Perhaps there was a redesign for the AC unit, which is TTRS specific only and they have had to sacrifice some of the characteristics.

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and Flying Scotsman
Last edited:
Reactions: Scottyg, Terminator x, TDI-line and 5 others
Looks like somebody at Audi has seriously dropped off if the problem with these cars is related to the refrigerant in the cooling system. I was reading an article a few weeks ago about this new refrigerant they are trying to push through.
"The current status of air conditioning refrigerant in the European Union is that after 1st January 2011 no new types of vehicle would be type approved with refrigerant with GWP greater than 150, and no new vehicles could be sold with such refrigerant after 1st January 2017."
http://www.autoindustryinsider.com/?p=5697

Reactions: 45bvtc, pburv and Sandra
COST! Audi VW are currently pulling out of oh so many sporting events - WEC and WRC to mention two - and have already stated they'll be rationalising across the VW/Audi/Skoda/Seat range if only to contain some of the funds they already have; litigation in the US is sure gonna be one hell of a drain.

Motorcars now need to comply with so many needless points of legislation and there remains a variance of requirement in so many countries even in the EU.

The answer here in the UK for Audi with the TTRS, and/or individual buyers, would be SVA (Single vehicle Approval).

I think we'll be seeing many more interesting but low volume cars disappearing from the lists.

Reactions: pburv
Cardiff Audi have two in stock, pictures and specs to follow.

Ara Blue Car

Glacier White Car

Ara Blue is a gorgeous colour, really bright and definitely one I would have. My previous A3 was Glacier, I am embarrassed to say I didn't even notice it was a TTRS in front. I saw the Ara Blue car at the back of the showroom and just made a b-line for it, only when I went too walk away did I catch sight of the spoiler on the TT infront. Glacier doesn't do much for it, outside the showroom it would have been a different thing but next to the Ara car, just didn't do it for me. If anyone decides they have £50k+ they are fed up of having in the bank, let me know and I will pass you onto my salesman there for the best deal ;) Was rather hoping one would have been registered, so it could be driven.. but based on these now having 0 availability after current showroom stock, I can't see Audi registering them and offering out test drive anytime soon.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Bristle Hound, Cobstar and 1 other person
Good post @AudiNutta ... but only 19" wheels? They both need a lot more options added.

Thank you :) When I saw them I thought it be best to take some photos, never know it might help someone who is looking.

They are very lacking in specification, not knowing how they are configured standard... strange how the speed limiter has been raised to 174mph on both.. for £1600!! Unless that is code for the dynamic pack, the uprated speed option is a rare one and an expensive one at that. You can have a remap and have it removed for half that price and 60-70hp extra.

Reactions: 45bvtc
Standard car will go through the limiter in 6th for free ;)

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AudiNutta and Cobstar
A guy on another forum managed to get one of these on the v-box, clocking repeated 0-60 and 0-100mph times of 3.2s and 7.7s respectively. Insanely fast for a TT.

I wonder if any will have the carbon brakes* :tearsofjoy:

TX.

*8V RS3 in joke

:smile new: Message for Sandra, Camberley Audi have one, Ara Blue ,but not with those wheels.
It has the 'usual' RS wheels but finished in silver ( looks almost like a natural metal finish, and much nicer than the usual RS dark finish with machined rim edge/spoke. The whole car really looks superb, stunning and I'm definitely not a TT person but even so I would have to go with Ara .

The young guy I spoke to ( not my usual source there) said there were about 150 cars around the dealers and there was something about emissions that meant they needed to sell a.s.a.p. ( ?? )

Ara........ makes Sepang look uch !

Last edited:
:smile new: Message for Sandra, Camberley Audi have one, Ara Blue ,but not with those wheels.
It has the 'usual' RS wheels but finished in silver ( looks almost like a natural metal finish, and much nicer than the usual RS dark finish with machined rim edge/spoke. The whole car really looks superb, stunning and I'm definitely not a TT person but even so I would have to go with Ara .

The young guy I spoke to ( not my usual source there) said there were about 150 cars around the dealers and there was something about emissions that meant they needed to sell a.s.a.p. ( ?? )

Ara........ makes Sepang look uch !
:blow:

Glasgow Audi have had 5 through their doors,2 sold, one in the showroom,one in stock and one demonstrator and @ Kingfisher it says the TTRS Roadster is Sepang.....ye know that uch...colour....:wtf:

Last edited: