TTRS not going into production

deanshaw24

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Not sure what's happened at Audi but they're no longer putting the TTRS into production, they are selling off pre production stock only, which is 300 odd, and they all must be sold by the end of December or registered as demos.

Anyone know what went wrong?

Reactions: RustyTheSnowman
Engine problems ;) bring back the old one!

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally
Probably the recently found CO2 emissions cheating on some Audi petrol engines? No resources left for low volume models due to needing to cover the fines?

Source? Can't see this online anywhere

Reactions: gamegenie
Audi website mate, check the small print at the bottom of the TTRS oage

Reactions: azibux1
Probably the recently found CO2 emissions cheating on some Audi petrol engines? No resources left for low volume models due to needing to cover the fines?
I thought emissions but they're bringing out an rs3 saloon with the same engine

I thought emissions but they're bringing out an rs3 saloon with the same engine
That engine is probably okay. I've read car manufacturers don't really make much profit selling the top performance models due to their lower sales volumes, so if they are hurting for cash, those are the models that get cut first. They might be hurting for cash due to all the fines they think they'll pay for the models of cars they sold that cheated. ...just some fun speculation. :grimacing:

VAG is running tight, they are probably only going to sell it to territories that they know it will sell.

That TTRS and RS3 sedan engine was suppose to be the Golf R-400's engine but they whacked it due to Bleeding money due to Diesel Gate and now with CO2 things could get thinner.

Hmm. Iink to the original source please? No mention of this in the German TTRS page...

On the Audi UK website, wow.. I'm shocked, makes me worry for the upcoming performance models due to release!!!

Only a few TT RS models will be available* – so this is your opportunity to be one of the first to drive the iconic Audi TT RS. Contact your local Audi Centre to find out more.

*Audi UK has been allocated an extremely limited number of cars. No factory orders available, Centre stock only. Correct at time of publication, November 2016.

Reactions: Scottyg
I believe eaxh Audi centre are getting 1 TTRS each and the sports centres get 2. Not sure how many audi dealers there are in the U.K. But can't be more then 250-300?

Reactions: AudiNutta
It is 100% on there, I just visited it 10 minutes ago and cycled through the pictures.
I found it under the TT sub-menu for new cars.

Not doubting you or anyone, just saying this fresh screen cap is all I have... No sign of TTRS anywhere for me :astonished: Maybe coz I'm accessing from outside of UK...

Untitled 2

Not doubting you or anyone, just saying this fresh screen cap is all I have... No sign of TTRS anywhere for me :astonished: Maybe coz I'm accessing from outside of UK...

View attachment 109980
It won't be on the config as you can't factory order them, it is under the tt sub menu

Reactions: richinsoton and AudiNutta

View attachment 109980

Yes it won't be on there, as what I quoted they can't be ordered.

I guess my plan of having one on loan for the day is long gone :( haha

Go onto the Audi UK site > New Cars > TT > TTRS Coupe / Roadster should be listed.

... I can't access the main site, for whatever reason, Audi UK restricted foreign IPs!!!! When the heck did this happened??!! Can't access anything audi.co.uk only able to access uk.audi.com :fearful: Anyone care to help screen cap please?

Reactions: AudiNutta and glospete
Not sure what's happened at Audi but they're no longer putting the TTRS into production, they are selling off pre production stock only, which is 300 odd, and they all must be sold by the end of December or registered as demos.

Anyone know what went wrong?

It could just be a PR/marketing tactic at the moment...?

This is a shame actually. Before I got the S3 I had a many cars sitting in my head in relation to what I wanted to buy. If it is anything to do with engine, then surely the RS3 is most likely going to be delayed unless they can iron out the issues?

Saw the videos and images of the TTRS once launched and it looked fantastic. I realise that they have to push for this technology and latest gadgets, but maybe they ought to calm down and think things through. In 2025 we will probably end up with a hatch that is 500 bhp, and every car will do 0-60 in a second lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gordo77 and Sandra
If true it's going to make the RS3 saloon more desirable ....

Reactions: Scottyg, Rob2k68, AudiNutta and 1 other person
Because of limited numbers? *

* pushes @pburv out the way to get to the front of the queue. :friends:
ha ha....Because it puts the RS3 in it's own little bracket ie The only small RS available?
All the others are ****** huge...lol

Reactions: Scottyg, AudiNutta, Sandra and 1 other person
ha ha....Because it puts the RS3 in it's own little bracket ie The only small RS available?
All the others are ****** huge...lol

I think some of the Audi forums in Germany are saying it's because of the refrigerant issue...

"The new Audi TT RS Coupé unfortunately can not be configured or ordered.
This vehicle has no type approval and therefore not subject to the Directive 1999/94 / EC. "

Which is why they need to be registered before the end of the year...? :shrug:

Reactions: pburv
Did I read somewhere on here @Sandra has one on order??:friends:

Reactions: Scottyg
Did I read somewhere on here @Sandra has one on order??:friends:
Trying to get one in right colour and as much spec as I can get since I can't configure. I am on the list though.

Reactions: desertstorm, AudiNutta, Jcbmally and 11 others
Trying to get one in right colour and as much spec as I can get since I can't configure.
You lucky lady..xx
Any colour and spec will do me I ain't fussy...lol

Reactions: 45bvtc, Jcbmally, Gordo77 and 1 other person
Trying to get one in right colour and as much spec as I can get since I can't configure. I am on the list though.

I've put a request into CarWow to see what comes back. I did specify Catalunya Red tho.

Reactions: pburv and Sandra
I've put a request into CarWow to see what comes back. I did specify Catalunya Red tho.
I put request in for ara blue crystal

Reactions: Scottyg, AudiNutta, Jcbmally and 4 others
Air conditioning units don't meet 2017 European regulations on the ones that have been built, so need to be sold registered by the end of this year-book nowt wrong with the engines emissions

Last edited:
Reactions: AudiNutta, pburv and deanshaw24
Glasgow Audi are getting 2 ones already sold, @£65000

Reactions: AudiNutta and pburv
Air conditioning units don't meet 2017 European regulations on the ones that have been built, so need to be sold registered by the end of this year-book all wrong with the engines emissions

Couldn't they just change the AC units or wait for the redesigned unit?? Seems like a drastic and unreasonable move to cut a model because of that if it's true????

Reactions: deanshaw24
****** hell. What options did that have!!

Not that many as l posted on another thread , a ttrs can be optioned to well over £70, 000, the alabaster Audi exclusive leather interior for the car costs £3,600,OLED /matrix headlights cost :£1700. 20 " inch alloys are £1600, magride and the sport exhaust another £1600,...That's just the tip of the iceberg as far as options go

Reactions: Jcbmally and pburv
Couldn't they just change the AC units or wait for the redesigned unit?? Seems like a drastic and unreasonable move to cut a model because of that if it's true????
They haven't stopped production the car will eventually come on the configurator and customers will take deliveries next summer

Reactions: Jcbmally, pburv and Sandra
Ooh how come you have so much inside info @jassyo06 ?!

TX.
ttrs thread in the ttrs section....if for one moment you or anyone else think Audi would scrap any car once it's been in production.... well go figure.....? it was also confirmed by Glasgow Audi yesterday l forgot to mention that

Reactions: pburv and Sandra
Ow don't beat me up, I'm not the OP!

TX.

Reactions: Jcbmally and pburv
2.0 TFSi until they get their act together. awesome engine!! Even if we do get the RS3 saloon I wont be buying until they have been on the go a good while and sorted out all the issues. Sounds like there may be a few lol

Ow don't beat me up, I'm not the OP!

TX.

You at times TX.....are real hard work...mate....truly exceptional attitude....lol wonder where that comes stems from.....oh....Yeah... got it the RS3 forum.....chill this is the A3/S3 part...were all that much more friendly....... here well most of the time...lol

Reactions: Jcbmally, Terminator x and pburv