TTRS clutch change

Hood49

Reaction score
Dear All,

I am the owner of a TTRS 2010 which has been tuned with Revo. At 50000km I have the clutch slipping. I went to the local garage here (independent VW dealer) and he quoted me 2300 Euro for replacing. Wow, sounds a lot.

Any thoughts, somebody has replaced the clutch before?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Sounds a good price. When i had my TT RS, Audi wanted £3000 and independents were £2000. You have to change the flywheel aswell which makes it expensive. :(

Indeed, he quoted three parts that he needs to order: one is 450, the other 200 and the last one is 902 Euro.
The guy told me that maybe he is not going to need all these parts when he is going to work on it...

You will need all three i'm afraid. They always do. 450 is the clutch itself, 200 is the clutch cylinder and the 902 will be the flywheel. :(

P.S. It's always recommended to fit new bolts so you will need 6 of those too!

Thanks for your comments. I told them to go ahead with the intervention. It is going to take two days of work they say. It is not Audi. I guess it will be cheaper than Audi. Lets hope they do a good job...

I hope they do too :) I think its about an 11 hour job getting the box on and off. Keep us posted!

Just received my TTRS. It cost me 1500 Euro and they have fitted a racing clutch that can take 600+ nm. Looks safe now.
Need a little to get used to, much harder to push and grips much faster.

Just a small question.
The new clutch is weird. When letting out the clutch, in stead of having a smooth forward going movement, it grips and moves in shocks until I fully let out the clutch. Is that normal. It takes some getting used to.

Did you also have a single mass flywheel put in at the same time? Will have a different feel and bite point to the standard dual mass flywheel.

I have no idea. I guess so. It certainly has a different feel. It grips much later when I release the clutch. But I am starting to get used to it. It is fun getting the car out again for spring time...