TTRS 19" GREY or BBS CH-R ANTHRACITE 19"?

TTRS 19" GREY or BBS CH-R ANTHRACITE 19"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cheese

Reaction score
Guys,

I am pretty certain I will be getting some new wheels in the next couple of weeks. I have narrowed it down to two options and just need to make a decision...

My car at the moment:
silver_s3.JPG

BBS CH-R Anthracite:
BBS_CH-R_anthracite.jpeg

TTRS Grey:
ttrs-19s.JPG

Not in Grey, but the RS4 style ones would look good in anthracite against the silver.

Cheese,

Personally it would be BBS all day long.

If you want a price on these BBS wheels give Rob from W8 a nudge. He is a forum sponsor and has previously offered good rates. He is located in Kent but can ship them anywhere, worth a quick pm.

Cheers
Rich

I don't know if this will help you out at all, but here is a picture of my 8P3 on 19" RS4 style alloys:

P1040061.JPG

And a picture of them on the 8P2...

web.jpg

I'm torn on the above. Whilst I adore the BBS wheels you get on the E46 M3 CSL, I've never been a huge fan of the other BBS wheels design wise. I'm a fan of minimalist design, and the BBS rims are too a bit too fussy for me unless they're quite dark (like on RicoS3's car).

I like straighter spokes, and to be honest my rotors weren't a first choice as they're a bit soft edged. Hence why I put the RS4's back on the car to see if they cut it. I changed as I felt I needed something new on the new car, and the RS3's came up at a time when I was head scratching and I liked the idea of having an OEM RS rim to be honest. The other rim I adore on the S3 is the MTM 19" which look gorgeous with the sharp spokes and the silver face with the grey innards :wub:

Like Milltek, I think BBS is a default choice so I'm going to put the cat amongst the pigeons and say the 19" TTRS Grey!

Reactions: Spin140 and MartayMcFly
Ha ha! Sorry - looks like I wasted everyone's time! Just spoke to Admiral car insurance and I am only allowed 6 modifications under the policy :(

I am getting an uprated clutch and had ordered coilovers (which I now won't be able to fix until I change insurance companies on April 1st!). Apparently, factory optional extras count as interior changes! Once I get the clutch done my list of modifications will be:

- Interior Changes
- Engine Chip
- Exhaust
- Air Filters
- ARBs
- Transmission changes

So I can't fit the coilovers or new alloys until April. ******. Time to quote Under Siege 2:

Penn: "Ryback's gone, Dane."
Travis Dane: "Did you see the body? Assumption is the mother of all F**K UPS!"

Can anyone recommend a new insurance company for when April comes around?

Greenlight / Sky???

If you went for TT RS would you really need to declare the alloys as oem ?

I personally do like BBS but even though a quality alternative and by no means cheap when I fitted a set I still felt the car looked too aftermarket for me, if it were me I'd be trying to stick with oem, nice motor though, not seen many silver 8P2 around.

I don't know if this will help you out at all, but here is a picture of my 8P3 on 19" RS4 style alloys:

P1040061.JPG

And a picture of them on the 8P2...

web.jpg

The RS4 looks amazing on your latest car Warren, still one of my all time favourite rims but if I had to choose between them and your 19" Rotors the latter would just win for me.

Beautiful, beautiful colour.

I'm torn on the above. Whilst I adore the BBS wheels you get on the E46 M3 CSL, I've never been a huge fan of the other BBS wheels design wise. I'm a fan of minimalist design, and the BBS rims are too a bit too fussy for me unless they're quite dark (like on RicoS3's car).

I like straighter spokes, and to be honest my rotors weren't a first choice as they're a bit soft edged. Hence why I put the RS4's back on the car to see if they cut it. I changed as I felt I needed something new on the new car, and the RS3's came up at a time when I was head scratching and I liked the idea of having an OEM RS rim to be honest. The other rim I adore on the S3 is the MTM 19" which look gorgeous with the sharp spokes and the silver face with the grey innards :wub:

Like Milltek, I think BBS is a default choice so I'm going to put the cat amongst the pigeons and say the 19" TTRS Grey!

Yum, Yum

If you went for TT RS would you really need to declare the alloys as oem ?

Admiral say so. Even if I could get away with it, I wouldn't be able to get the coilovers at the same time so I will wait.

I personally do like BBS but even though a quality alternative and by no means cheap when I fitted a set I still felt the car looked too aftermarket for me, if it were me I'd be trying to stick with oem, nice motor though, not seen many silver 8P2 around.

Hey man, it's an 8P3! Thanks though. Agree with you about it maybe looking too aftermarket - so I am still a bit unsure. If the TTRS wheels were available in anthracite/a darker grey I would go for them for definite but I am only considering them because they are used + refurbed which puts them at the same price as the BBS CH-R. This means it is grey or nothing. Someone earlier in the thread commented on this - grey = no, anthracite = yes and I think I agree.

Warren - Maybe I should have put the MTMs on the poll as well...

Can someone please buy those MTMs before I do something stupid!

Reactions: Kelza
Buy them, they need a god home!

I JUST got new wheels, and still no flat. Buckets are next, or so I keep telling myself. If the brakes don't clear my Speedlines and those MTMs are still for sale then they'll be getting bought. That pic of the black 8P3 in Paullie's thread is doing terrible things to my plans.

0c85266c.jpg
,,mmm buckets ,love them...:icon_thumright:

Reactions: MartayMcFly
No pleasure without pain!

Two options: Ugliness or weight

Hi cheese you going for bbs ?

Not sure now...may be my mad Photoshop (well...GIMP actually) skillz are the problem and not the wheels:

car_with_CHR.jpg

Last edited:
Wow they 20s are stunning and brett alloys are lovely....:rockwoot:

Not sure now...may be my mad Photoshop (well...GIMP actually) skillz are the problem and not the wheels:

car_with_CHR.jpg

Fixed the image not displaying. What do you guys thinkk? The wheels look very blue but I guess that is due to different lighting inthe two photos I used...

I actually think they will be darker than that. They are always listed as Satin Anthracite and would have a silver rim too. I think this is a better Photoshop job, although it makes me like the black:

dark_CH-R.jpg

If you look at an image of them when they are not on a car, they look much closer to black than the CHs and CKs I have seen (Iwonder if the photos I have seen were painted rather than factory Anthracite:
BBS_satin_antracite_small.jpg

I prefer this less bluey, darker colour.