TTE800 Upgrade Turbochargers 4.0TFSI RS6/RS7/S8/S7/S6

TTE Si

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
TTE800 is our first hybrid performance upgrade turbocharger step for the 4.0 TFSI. Even more power, with great response as a stock turbocharger but with durability for higher boost

Engineered & Enhanced

To construct a pair of TTE800's we change the original compressor and employ a far larger and more efficient billet wheel with extended tip technology and mill the compressor cover to optimum gap to match the new compressor profile.

We install a clipped turbine for greater gas flow. The clipping of the turbine is a special TTE grinding process to the turbine blade tips. Curved to alleviate stress from process. Clipping reduces blade area thus increasing gas flow and so reducing back pressure and lowering exhaust gas temperatures, allowing safer higher boost level. This process also gives a secondary advantage of removing some material, lightening the turbine thus reducing rotational mass improving moment of inertia.

Equilibrium

Precisely balancing our turbochargers is a key critical factor to become a TTE upgrade unit as longevity and performance are paramount. Good balance improves acoustics also. Subsequent great care is taken with all TTE turbochargers to achieving our balance standards. Firstly parts are balanced at slow speeds up to 2800RPM in multiple planes using our single parts machine, then components are assembled and then the CHRA are dynamically balanced, but this time depending on application at up to 250,000 RPM in multiple planes using our in house VSR machine to acquire the ultimate equilibrium, to a standard far higher than OEM. Each turbocharger is supplied with serial numbered balance test result document.

Key Points :

Latest billet compressor geometry
Genuine IHI CNC modified housings
Genuine IHI turbine/shaft, Clipped & lightened
Optimized clearances
Single parts finely balanced then assembled and balanced
Core high-speed VSR balanced
Each turbo Supplied with test result document
We offer brand new or we also can offer to recondition and upgrade your used turbocharger

Designed, Machined & Built by TTE in Germany

Price https://tteglobal.com/audi/s6/c7-4.0t-fsi/45/tte800-upgrade-turbochargers

(Pictures bellow are of recon/upgrades)

Dyno of STOCK RS6 vs TTE800 RS6

Reactions: Horia, racerboy55, THQuattro and 1 other person
Hello,

As I see in your post you say that this is also for S8.

The S8 restyling engine is the same of the RS6 or the S6 ( internals)?
The S8 has the same tiptronic as the RS6 but don't know if they share also the engine.

Thanks

Reactions: TTE Si
Yes 100% for S8 as customers are using

Hi, how much to record my current 2014 Audi rs7 turbo to TTE800? The prices that you list is it for a pair?Located in Malaysia postcode:88450

Currently owned a 2014 Audi RS7 with APR stage 2 with milltek full exhaust(car deleted).

Looking to get some more power from this 4.0 motor, so would like to upgrade turbos.

Here's the question,
1- Does APR support this turbo kits? (As in website, it says oem fitment. So does it mean just plug and play without doing any tunes on it. )
2- does this turbo required an upgraded intercooler, oil cooler and transmission cooler?

Reactions: IanP19
Yeah prices are for a pair and prices are shown above.
Shipping to your location would be approx 350/400 euro insured air express

APR does not have a tune for these but does for our larger TTE9XX. But really I don't advertise or actively market as we feel the original charge cooler is a major restriction and limts the potential and so you get lag without power. Until there's a upgrade option or replacement for air to air I feel not right to advertise.

TTE800 is only a small step over stock but it's proven worthy again using the stock charge cooler.

Plug & play means fits like stock (are stock modded units)

Oil cooler and transmission I don't know of any partners doing.

Reactions: Horia
Yeah prices are for a pair and prices are shown above.
Shipping to your location would be approx 350/400 euro insured air express

APR does not have a tune for these but does for our larger TTE9XX. But really I don't advertise or actively market as we feel the original charge cooler is a major restriction and limts the potential and so you get lag without power. Until there's a upgrade option or replacement for air to air I feel not right to advertise.

TTE800 is only a small step over stock but it's proven worthy again using the stock charge cooler.

Plug & play means fits like stock (are stock modded units)

Oil cooler and transmission I don't know of any partners doing.

Possible to install the compressor by ourself TTE800? Does it need a new tune for it?

Possible to install the compressor by ourself TTE800? Does it need a new tune for it?

Hi,
No of course not. The Compressor wheels are bigger, so the compressor housing needs CNC machining to suit and yes need specific software to allow for the extra air mass flowing into the engine.

Reactions: Rumpelkillskins
Hi,
No of course not. The Compressor wheels are bigger, so the compressor housing needs CNC machining to suit and yes need specific software to allow for the extra air mass flowing into the engine.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year guys,

So before I proceed with the turbo upgrade purchase, who's the tuner that can do the tuning for me while I'm in Malaysia? Does the tuning has different maps for different fuel selection (98,104,108,or 112)??

Could you please directly PM me so we can sort everything by then.

Email: pgwong2004@yahoo.com

Reactions: TTE Si
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year guys,

So before I proceed with the turbo upgrade purchase, who's the tuner that can do the tuning for me while I'm in Malaysia? Does the tuning has different maps for different fuel selection (98,104,108,or 112)??

Could you please directly PM me so we can sort everything by then.

Email: pgwong2004@yahoo.com

PP-Performance software id say for your region?

Nice results in china and New 2017 entry on to our owners leaderboard.

Ricky Cham drops into 3rd place within the 1/4mile category in a AUDI RS6 C7 TTE800 using PP-Performance software

10.48sec @132.04 MPH

Full weight, road tyres, 98 fuel

Told new mods planned and tweaked software so will go faster !

Waiting on the PBOX dnb data so can get the car onto the 100-200 leader board but 6.6 screen shot is a nice indicator

Reactions: racerboy55
Audi s8 plus 4.0 tfsi with a series of 605 PS / 750 NM

TTE800 Upgrade turbos
Capristo exhaust
MCCHIP-DKR Stage 3 software
789 PS / 927 NM
(stock intakes and airbox, stock charge cooler)

Reactions: Horia, racerboy55 and Tuddie
Does the TTE9xx need custom inlet pipes?

Both TTE800 & TTE900 benefit from larger inlets as the compressor inlets on the turbochargers are a bigger diameter. MRC Tuning sell carbon inlets to match

Both TTE800 & TTE900 benefit from larger inlets as the compressor inlets on the turbochargers are a bigger diameter. MRC Tuning sell carbon inlets to match

Oky, so we do not need it? But its good to change. What will the typically cost? Sterman have some for 2500 dollar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oky, so we do not need it? But its good to change. What will the typically cost? Sterman have some for 2500 dollar

id say yes is needed. Speak to MRC on those as not my part or do i sell.

Last edited:
My car is going in for the coolant line recall and the blown PCV valve. I would like to install the TTE 800’s at this time. I am stage 2 APR with muffler deleted exhaust, always looking for more power

Please reach out on how to get a set ASAP

Thanks

Mike