S3 W

Reaction score
Hi

59 plate S3, would like a clear clarification if an LPFP is needed, the aim is for 420-430 BHP. The suggested LPFP would be the TTRS/RS3 one since this is best suited for the S3 8P. If an LPFP is needed please clarify the limit of the stock LPFP & if the TTRS/RS3 can work with stock controller. Currently, have RS4 injectors but will be swapping to the RS3 8V ones, not sure if it makes a difference with the lpfp but everyone that runs the RS3 8V use the 136 bar RS4 PRV rather than the 155+ bar prv.

Thanks

I cannot tell you the actual limit of the stock lpfp but Nikki Gower told me that I would need the Ttrs pump if I went down that route. No issues apparently with the stock controller.

If I were you I’d ask the same question on The TFSI tuning Facebook page as I think something needs swopping over to ensure the petrol gauge reads correctly. If you find that out please let us know.

If you want 400 you needa LPFP. Ttrs pump is a straight drop in and has around 50% more flow. There is the odd report of the controller overheating but a decent mapper will avoid this.
You only need a new sender for pre 2008.
I run a 155bar frv and rs3 8v injectors. I use an APR inline lpfp

Theres loads of threads on here and other tfsi forums about the TTRS pump.

If you want 400 you needa LPFP. Ttrs pump is a straight drop in and has around 50% more flow. There is the odd report of the controller overheating but a decent mapper will avoid this.

@stbuk , I have S3 2010 model but I think 2009 engine and wondered if the Rs 8V injectors are a straight swap out for 8p injectors or do I need extra's to do that change as I might need to get new injectors for mine

Please can you give a bit more info on the new sender as my S3 is from 2007. I presume the sender you are referring to is what gives the signal to the fuel gauge?

Ch1z64, I believe they should be straight in, you need a loom for them though the wiring is different (for all) AKS do a pre wired one with the injectors all ready to go.

Prt57 - basically yes it was this one we needed when I helped someone with an older model 1k0919673ah

@stbuk , I have S3 2010 model but I think 2009 engine and wondered if the Rs 8V injectors are a straight swap out for 8p injectors or do I need extra's to do that change as I might need to get new injectors for mine

Hi im going to get the RS3 8V injectors, you need to have the head mod done by AKS tuning, although they will fit, they do not sit at the correct angle for spray pattern so AKS can do this for you & supply the correct plug as the S3 plug connector is different. Several people have told me this.

Hi there is info but not clear in whether it is definitely needed, some people have it and some don't. Can you confirm why you have a 155 prv over the RS4 136? as it seems everyone has different PRV? just curious.

The latest spec to cross the 400 BHP barrier with a hybrid turbo seems to have the RS3 injectors with the AKS head mod and the RS4 valve.

@ch1z64 we don't need RS3 injectors - unless your're going for a big turbo. If you fit the RS3 injector they don't sit properly in the head so you need a small amount of machining done so they sit correctly. When they sit correctly, the spray pattern is correct. The stock injectors will give 400+ but an upgrade (RS3) is now recommended for big turbo applications.

@S3 W - a Stg2+ runs approx 130bar which is where the stock FPRV cracks hence the upgrade to the RS4 valve which cracks at 136. There have been a couple of people here who have successfully ran the RS4 valve on their Stg3 builds. The 155 or 165 prv will retain more pressure to serve more horsepower for big turbo applications but it may not be necessary. Also, with the larger fprv you may need to consider the additional strain on the cam follower and change it more often. You could try logging block 230 to see if you'd benefit from the 155prv or if it's not needed.

All of these fuel pressures can be controlled by you tuner when they map the car - what are they advising you?

@ch1z64 we don't need RS3 injectors - unless your're going for a big turbo. If you fit the RS3 injector they don't sit properly in the head so you need a small amount of machining done so they sit correctly. When they sit correctly, the spray pattern is correct. The stock injectors will give 400+ but an upgrade (RS3) is now recommended for big turbo applications.

@S3 W - a Stg2+ runs approx 130bar which is where the stock FPRV cracks hence the upgrade to the RS4 valve which cracks at 136. There have been a couple of people here who have successfully ran the RS4 valve on their Stg3 builds. The 155 or 165 prv will retain more pressure to serve more horsepower for big turbo applications but it may not be necessary. Also, with the larger fprv you may need to consider the additional strain on the cam follower and change it more often. You could try logging block 230 to see if you'd benefit from the 155prv or if it's not needed.

All of these fuel pressures can be controlled by you tuner when they map the car - what are they advising you?
Cheers @samuelh_888 for the info

Reactions: samuelh_888