TTE420 hybrid

thatsilver_s3

Reaction score
I’ve owned my s3 8p for just over 3 months now, I bought it standard and went straight to stage 2+ a few weeks ago, I’m now looking at going hybrid. Has anyone done this with the tte420 ko4 as it’s plug and play with it been the standard turbo

What extra supporting mods will I need and a rough cost ?
f3ce4d49a965e7202a8f0faa3bc100b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Si can advise you
@TTE Si

Reactions: TTE Si and thatsilver_s3
The turbo is bolt on but it's not quite plug and play. You will need injectors - b7 rs4 or 8v rs3 (and modified) loom. Other required bits are full cat-back exhaust, larger ic, rs4 (or higher) fpv (you may already have this if you are stage 2+). And of course a custom map (and dsg map/clutch). lpfp may also be required depending on your tuner.

Cost will be anywhere from £4-6k.

Be warned that you will lose quite a bit of low down response / spool.

Reactions: aqibi2000 and thatsilver_s3
Nice one mate. That’s the kind of figure I was thinking tbh mate

There is better thinking about the injectors.
both AKS tuning and RTech can supply modified standard K04 injectors with higher flow rate than the 8V RS3 injectors. Benefit is that you don’t need the “head mod” where an extra hole is drilled to allow the RS3 injectors to sit properly. Also no modified loom needed. You should already have the RS4 pressure relief valve. TTRS lpfp needed. Maybe consider the Venon 430 or 450. Popular at RTech.

Last edited:
Reactions: thatsilver_s3
There is better thinking about the injectors.
both AKS tuning and RTech can supply modified standard K04 injectors with higher flow rate than the 8V RS3 injectors. Benefit is that you don’t need the “head mod” where an extra hole is drilled to allow the RS3 injectors to sit properly. Also no modified loom needed. You should already have the RS4 pressure relief valve. TTRS lpfp needed. Maybe consider the Venon 430 or 450. Popular at RTech.

I’ve spoke to a company local to me called jbm performance, really helpful and knowledgeable guys. I’m booked in with them in may

The turbo is bolt on but it's not quite plug and play. You will need injectors - b7 rs4 or 8v rs3 (and modified) loom. Other required bits are full cat-back exhaust, larger ic, rs4 (or higher) fpv (you may already have this if you are stage 2+). And of course a custom map (and dsg map/clutch). lpfp may also be required depending on your tuner.

Cost will be anywhere from £4-6k.

Be warned that you will lose quite a bit of low down response / spool.
Can use oem injectors and a 165bar fuel reg valve as many have done this but yes also can use other options and injector is better .

Its sold as plug & play fitting turbo and really just needs stage 2+ mods and custom map

Most report no loss in low down torque or ever say is laggy most same is no different

Reactions: Sandra