TTE 440 or EFR 6758 on s3

I think the point has been made that they obviously forgot about 4 wheel drive cars with their compatibility with an 064 turbo frame, prawn fitted one a few years ago (after going through his thread ;) ) but has an FWD A3 - whereas you have an S3 so a downpipe on the wrong side of the turbo.

I think you have moved on from the TTE now in any case, I am surprised that Si from TTE has not said anything on this thread?

If no one tags me I will miss posts sorry.

The K04-064 type TTE hybrids we offer have never been advertised as plug&play just that the turbo bolts on with supplied hardware (no spacer needed). Sorry if anyone would think it is plug & play. I will update the listings, saying much work involved, later when have time.

Much work is involved to go this route in any case FWD or AWD but many been sold over the years so guys do feel worth the effort. TTE hybrids offer very good response and power and are super reliable.

I just asked the question on our TTE owners group on facebook and a customer came forward with A3 1.8T with AWD and TTE390(K04-064 hybrid) fitted no issue with transfer box.

Also note that TTE figures are PS not BHP...

<tuffty/>

Correct is in PS, but most figures given by me are beaten in BHP on pump fuels. Its an average on the conservative side mostly.

As you know so many factors in a car set up making the claimed power. So some do come up short.

Last edited:
I just checked and id not actually ever shared a listing of the TTE440 on audi-sport or written text for as yet but will later.

Another customer came forward now in our TTE Owners group on FaceBook with a TTE440 fitted to a S3 8L :thumbs up:

Last edited:
My 064 hybrid doesn’t run hot or hard, even after 25 minutes in track.

A lot of bits to fit to get one to fit by any means, but nothing more than it’d take to fit a big turbo

A lot of bits to fit to get one to fit by any means, but nothing more than it’d take to fit a big turbo

Can you show how you orientated a k04-64 onto the S3 / TT AMK/APY/APX/BAM downpipe configuration? Isn't the hotside on the wrong side? This was the whole point of this original thread.

That was the point made earlier in the thread with all the work needed to get it fitted you would be better with a bt setup. Tbh I did consider going this route with mine

There’s a considerable price difference between the two still. If you can afford to throw 3-4K at a large turbo alone with manifold then probably best going that route if you want that sort of driveability from the car. 8-900 for a manifold, £1300 for a Garrett blower, external wastegate @ 250ish it sharp adds up.

I’ve got pics of mine clearing the diff casing on my golf ( I only have 2wd so no prop there but have the gearbox take off) and there’s plenty of space.

Arrh okay yeah, they fit 2wd prawn had one too for a couple of years. I was imagining you were somehow running it upside down with a charge pipe going over the gearbox and some convoluted arranging of FMIC and battery removal :D

Best I can find up to now

Attachments

• 8FC7A55E-B9D0-4EB7-9A93-C2B0B1B94874.jpeg
    8FC7A55E-B9D0-4EB7-9A93-C2B0B1B94874.jpeg
    481.9 KB · Views: 238
Hehe talk about a tease you've included everything apart from the turbo.

A quick question..
When people build and construct on an engine (mount/hoist... not sure the real name) are all the components finally fitted or just test fitted then removed before mounting the engine, then bolted on proper? E.g. do you build the engine, manifolds, turbo's etc and then slide the whole unit in as one?

Ive lost a lot of pictures since my build somehow so cant seem to find them with a 064 on from the back of the engine. Can go out and take a couple though if you want.

Might be the next best one I can find looking back

Attachments

• F949E125-87E3-4AF9-AA60-068530BEC6A6.jpeg
    F949E125-87E3-4AF9-AA60-068530BEC6A6.jpeg
    129.4 KB · Views: 251
no dont make any special effort, I thought you had it fitted on a AWD and was interested how it fit.

Thanks a nice photo from the tunnel though, so much space is available. is that a 3.5inch v-banded downpipe

3.5" off the turbo then into 3" from the subframe backwards. No v-bands unfortunately :(