TT - Virtual Cockpit Nav.....Help please.

Reaction score
Hello boys 'n' girls.

Don't tell them but I've jumped over the wall from the A3/S3. Sorry for the intrusion :whistle2: My neighbour has bought his mums 2018 TT off her. Its has the virtual cockpit but no sat nav. He's spoken to Audi and they have quoted him £2000 to "activate" it.....:wtf:Activate? Does this mean the car already has nav and just needs switching on!?

Has anyone had this done? Or is there an alternative?

Can't really help but has he looked through all the car settings/options in the main screen?. If it has Nav the settings should be there?.

Reactions: Nick Moorhouse
£2000 is far too expensive to activate sd card based sat nav so I assume either another digit has been added by mistake or you don't have any sat nav at all, but I thought all TT's had sd card based systems at least.
Check to see if you've a sd card in one of the slots, if not the cards are around £250 plus activation..

All mk3s TT's are sat nav capable but audi charge £1500 to activate it as this is the price they charge when picking nav at the build stage. If they didn't charge at least the same then people would just have it retrofitted after receiving the car. Various companies can activate it cheaper, apparently Hazzy days charge £750 and some place in Leicester only charges £250. Have seen vw retrofit mentioned, not sure if they were the £250 company. I have no direct experience but I am looking for a mk3 currently and the virtual dash seems wasted without having nav activated so have been gathering info.

All mk3s TT's are sat nav capable but audi charge £1500 to activate it as this is the price they charge when picking nav at the build stage. If they didn't charge at least the same then people would just have it retrofitted after receiving the car. Various companies can activate it cheaper, apparently Hazzy days charge £750 and some place in Leicester only charges £250. Have seen vw retrofit mentioned, not sure if they were the £250 company. I have no direct experience but I am looking for a mk3 currently and the virtual dash seems wasted without having nav activated so have been gathering info.
This does seem to be correct, unlike other models, which I was basing my answers upon, the TT is unlike them in that Audi do not seem to provide sd based sat nav and the only way to obtain this is to upgrade to the technology pack with a factory order. This does provide other features such as the phone box and free three years of Audi Connect at £1495. However I would suggest contacting AS member @DJAlix who performs retrofits and might be able to provide something cheaper than other aftermarket companies..

DJAlix is an authorised services provider and independent repairer, fully registered with Volkswagen Group UK, all of the works he performs are via genuine and fully supported dealer level applications, tools and systems.
Thus the warranty should be maintained, but always worth checking..

I’ve also been looking at this and vw-retrofits offer this. I’ve also noticed I have a reversing camera fitted that isn’t active, does anyone know if this can be activated. Are there any other options that can be just enable ?