Wanted TT Mk2 (8J) black mirror caps (LY9B paint code)

iLott

Reaction score
I'm looking for some black mirror caps to replace my carbon fibre ones. My car is black so will need to be genuine colour matched ones so they don't look odd. They must be in good condition with no damage (please provide pictures).

I'm actually happy to do a straight swap with someone who wants carbon fibre ones, however the ones I have came on the car when I bought it over 4 years ago and have gradually deteriorated. They will need to be sanded down (potentially have the epoxy renewed depending on thickness) and then re-lacquered. They have also never quite looked right with fitment so I'm unsure what's going on there.

Can provide photos if anyone is interested, but mainly I'm after black ones to replace.

Cheers,
iLott

I'm looking for some black mirror caps to replace my carbon fibre ones. My car is black so will need to be genuine colour matched ones so they don't look odd. They must be in good condition with no damage (please provide pictures).

I'm actually happy to do a straight swap with someone who wants carbon fibre ones, however the ones I have came on the car when I bought it over 4 years ago and have gradually deteriorated. They will need to be sanded down (potentially have the epoxy renewed depending on thickness) and then re-lacquered. They have also never quite looked right with fitment so I'm unsure what's going on there.

Can provide photos if anyone is interested, but mainly I'm after black ones to replace.

Cheers,
iLott
Just want to clarify, absolutely happy to pay for mirror caps. The swap would be only if the chance came about, and another party would want to.

Honestly hadn't considered new parts as I just assumed they would be extortionate. @creweaudiparts would you please message me with a price for drivers and passengers mirror caps in black? I'm unsure if the mirror caps/shells are sold separate or as a full mirror unit, I'm sure you can advise. Thank you.

Honestly hadn't considered new parts as I just assumed they would be extortionate. @creweaudiparts would you please message me with a price for drivers and passengers mirror caps in black? I'm unsure if the mirror caps/shells are sold separate or as a full mirror unit, I'm sure you can advise. Thank you.
Do you have your cars REG?

Thanks

Thanks @creweaudiparts, but that is a bit more than I am wanting to pay! Hence the initial thought of second hand.

Reactions: creweaudiparts