TT Headlights - Help!

aadams1x

Reaction score
Ok, I am confused!! I have been an Audi Owner for about 5 years and love them. I have played a masterstroke and converted my Girlfriend from BMW and we are now looking for a TT for her.

I have a question, some of the older TT's from 00 - 03 have different coloured headlight inserts, some light grey and some dark. Was this an option from new on the cars or did colour choice dictate the colour of the headlight inserts? Thanks in advance, Just to be difficult my good lady wants the dark inserts if she goes for a silver one and the light ones if she can get a dark blue or denim blue one...

Thanks for taking time to read this....

Andrew

Hiya...If memory serves, they changed insert colour in about 2003. These new cars had titanium inserts (silver) and slightly lower suspension etc.

My denim blue 2000, had black inserts and looked cack, so I changed them to titanium ones and replaced the orange indicators with clear whilst I was at it. IMO it now looks a thousand times better.

Ant

Thanks for the respnse. Can you tell me how you fitted and got hold of the grey inserts for the lights, Audi told me today they did not have a part listing for this.... Thanks, Andrew

We do a number of mods for TT headlights, inc Angel eyes, LED DRL's and can arrange inserts you can borrow and get painted for us to install.