1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

TT Coupe 2.0 TFSI

thesmileyone Feb 24, 2019

  1. thesmileyone

    thesmileyone Registered User

    557
    56
    28
    Hi got some questions!

    Currently have a 2010 a3 2.0 TFSI S-Tronic 3 door.

    [​IMG]

    It is coming up to 75k and I want to move on before 80k. Given it's high spec and relatively unique paintwork / interior I should be able to get £10k-£8500 (using other ones on Autotrader with not as rare pearl / interior specs as comparisons) for it privately depending how agressively I price it.

    I am looking at lower mileage cars and something that has come into focus is post 2010 TT coupe.

    I would have an S-Tronic one, and I want the one with dual single outlet exhausts, I am told these sound sportier and of course they look better. One of the issues for me with my A3 is it is pretty much silent and I know some of these sound roarty standard; mine does not, you hear the engine whining over the exhaust tone. So it is somewhat important that whatever car I buy sounds good as stock.

    So I wondered how these cars are to drive? I drive about 80% of the time like a granny just looking outside of the car at the landscape and stuff. And the other 20% hooning around the Evo Triangle where I live. I will sacrifice ultimate suspension for comfort given the 80/20 split but don't want a wallowy thing either. My A3 is not an s-line and still, every bump comes through to me, even driving over a pine cone and you feel it!!! I don't really like that.

    I was thinking of something like this: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201902064682485?radius=1500&make=AUDI&maximum-mileage=70000&transmission=Automatic&year-from=2010&fuel-type=Petrol&minimum-badge-engine-size=2.0&postcode=ch11sg&body-type=Coupe&model=TT&aggregatedTrim=S line&sort=price-asc&advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&page=2

    Low mileage, good spec, the dual exhausts, the front DRL's.... brilliant.

    Is there anything Mk2 TT specific I should look out for?

    I only pay for things with cold hard cash, no loans, no monthly payments, so budget around whatever I sell the car for plus £3-4k.

    Thank you.
     
  2. Avatar

    snack-media
    Advertisement


  3. TALBOTL

    TALBOTL Registered User

    48
    3
    8

    I have a facelift TT on a 60 plate, currently for sale but not what you're looking for.

    It's been a great car and very easy to drive, as you may know from your research this one has around 60ft lbs more than the pre facelift and actually has the same amount as the diesel so you can drive it really lazily should you wish, mine is the sport so has slightly softer suspension that the S-Line which as you say can be a bit frustrating.

    Finally in terms of sound, it sounds quite good under load but cruising around and on the motorway it's very quiet and you can easily forget you're in a small coupe!

    I would definitely recommend one though as they great fun and even at 8-9 years old still really turn heads out and about.

    LT
     
  4. Cornish John

    Cornish John Guest

    0
    0
    0
    Idea on pricing, I recently bought two cars:

    A3 2.0tdi sport 150bhp 2014 plate 76K £7500
    TT 2.0tdi quattro 170bhp 2010 plate 89K £5800

    Both great condition, both have full service history.

    (oh, since having the TT, I'm never in the A3 anymore lol)
     

Share This Page

Do Not Sell My Personal Information