TT Alloy Weight

12bjonesy

Reaction score
This might seem like a strange question but does anyone know:-

How much a 17" TT Alloy weights and comparatively to this what is the best (strongest) but (lightest) alloy to replace it with?

In addition does anyone on here know where I can get a list of alloys in the 17"/18" range with their associated weights to compare?

Any help would be much appreciated

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Does anyone else have any others to compare? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I'm only querying this subject as I'm looking into swapping my standard set of 17" TT wheels from 2000 TT for a new after market set and lately I've read a couple of articles into how unsprung weight of a wheel can effect lots of different aspects of the car especially as on the wheel the rotation makes the weight even more substantial?

After all every little helps... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I had to send a wheel vis parcel farce recently so I know the weight.

1 18" x 8.5 RS6 rep plus 1 new fitted tyre = 25 kg..

Hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a heavy wheel! I weighed my BBS CH's before I fitted them, 18"x8.5 = 19.5-20kgs

[ QUOTE ]
That's a heavy wheel! I weighed my BBS CH's before I fitted them, 18"x8.5 = 19.5-20kgs

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, you really do get strength and lightness when you pay the extra for quality rims from BBS.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I had to send a wheel vis parcel farce recently so I know the weight.

1 18" x 8.5 RS6 rep plus 1 new fitted tyre = 25 kg..

Hope this helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah thats what mine weighed with the Yokos fitted, this was about 3kg less than the standard avus 17's I took off. I was well happy with 3kg reduction of unsprung weight per corner. Less unsprung weight should = better handling and acceleration. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

22 kg is the oem tt wheel. without tyre.
a good 18" wheel is about 8.15kg : BuddyClub,CE28N,Special OZ wheels,some WRC model of Enkey and 9.5kg for OZ Ultralegera.