TT ajq ecu on a3 ajq

Timmsy01

Reaction score
I'm in need of a ecu for my ajq a3 quattro, could I use one from a ajq TT ?

Potentially but you would at least need to get the ECU immo defeated or recoded..

AJQ is narrow band IIRC... I assume the AJQ TT is pre 2001? not a code I am familiar with..

<tuffty/>

Thanks for the reply, ajq tt are upto 2002.
The problem is I had my bag stolen with my only key in, I changed the locks and sent the ecu of for immo delete but the chap said it wouldn't connect to the software. I've searched for my ecu number and its apparently rocking horse ***** so I'm at a loss,
Audi dealer said they are unable to help and the auto locksmiths I've called said they won't be able to recode a key as it's the first of the a3 quattro

humm... if yours is narrow band you will need a narrow band ECU... later TT's will be wideband..

As for Immo defeat... depending on the year of yours you can recode using VCDS...
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Immobilizer

You can use an ECU from any generation of your car for the most part... so if its narrowband you could use an S3 APY, Ibiza Mk3 Cupra, TT APX but will need the right map flashing into it

Pretty sure Bill @badger5 has a few narrow band ECU's kicking about so might be able to help with immo defeat and cloning the map onto another ECU if need be

<tuffty/>

It could do with being re mapped as I've just fitted a Ko4 setup and FMIC, would someone be able to do put a map on another ecu and immo delete so it would plug in and run?
Sorry if that sounds daft but I'm new the vag, came from the land of ford

It could do with being re mapped as I've just fitted a Ko4 setup and FMIC, would someone be able to do put a map on another ecu and immo delete so it would plug in and run?
Sorry if that sounds daft but I'm new the vag, came from the land of ford

Its plausible... if heading down that route you would be better off doing a wideband conversion...

By K04 setup I assume this includes an S3/TT MAF housing and larger injectors?

You would be advised not to 'drive' the car until mapped... and certainly not with the N75 connected electrically.

You could get away with running actuator pressure to a degree but if yours is a narrow band ECU then fuelly will be out under WOT as the ECU is blind to actual AFR..

Bill can help you there if you need someone to do it else you will need to dig out the wiring diagram for an AMK ECU (few results should come up in google)... you will need to wire in an extra wire and different plug for the wideband lambda and possibly an engine control relay if yours doesn't have one already...

Also consider the fuel pump... S3's run a 4 bar pump for a reason

<tuffty/>