(TSB) Software update change canbus signal? Aftermarket Rearview camera not working!

rcnacura

US Spec 8V
Reaction score
I just had my 15K mile service and the dealership also needed to do the fuel pump recall because of the nickel flaking and causing no-start.

However, the dealership seemed to either had to upgrade the ECU or reset it as they could not figure out why the ECU was throwing an error code (it ended up being a fuse). I know they reset the ecu because all my VCD "mods" are no longer available, but I just don't understand why the aftermarket rearview camera is not working because of the reset.

So this is what happens, I know the camera actually works, but only for a few seconds now. So I will be in the PAS settings on my android device and the camera turns on, then it shuts off and goes to the MMI screen. However if I'm in on the home screen (or any other screen for that matter), it will just turn black and then go to the MMI screen. I even completely factory reset my android "Stereo" to see if that would do anything, but nothing. I have an email to the company if they know anything, but just doesn't make much sense to me as the android system is just reading the canbus signal.

I also noticed my seat warmers only work when the engine is physically running and they take longer to get hot... as if instead of being on the hottest setting its at the second to the highest setting. I was trying to also check to see if my rear view mirrors heater was working too, but couldn't confirm.

Anyone know if this can be fixed via VCD or was this a TSB update?

Video: https://goo.gl/photos/yL6DeJ475hrngwmm8

Last edited: