Trying to join the fold.

slinemfc

Reaction score
Hi guys, after much soul searching I have made the decision to look for an RS3 8P.

In short, I formerly had an S3 8P3 HB in Ice Silver, loved it to be honest, but I changed into a Sepang 8V early part of 2016. The S3 8V is a very good car but, I just don't feel the love I had for the 8P which I can't explain properly. Guess it's that mystical "soul" thing that gets banded about.

So anyway, now that I'm on the lookout please forgive me I'm advance if I throw a few questions out every now and then.

Aiming for spec involving Wing Backs, black pack, etc etc. but if anyone wants to throw anything they'd advise from the off, feel free.

First question is about the 7 speed S Tronic though, in comparison to the 6 speed I have had on both S3s, how does it compare?

Cheers all.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Hi guys, after much soul searching I have made the decision to look for an RS3 8P.

In short, I formerly had an S3 8P3 HB in Ice Silver, loved it to be honest, but I changed into a Sepang 8V early part of 2016. The S3 8V is a very good car but, I just don't feel the love I had for the 8P which I can't explain properly. Guess it's that mystical "soul" thing that gets banded about.

So anyway, now that I'm on the lookout please forgive me I'm advance if I throw a few questions out every now and then.

Aiming for spec involving Wing Backs, black pack, etc etc. but if anyone wants to throw anything they'd advise from the off, feel free.

First question is about the 7 speed S Tronic though, in comparison to the 6 speed I have had on both S3s, how does it compare?

Cheers all.

Don't see much difference between a 6-speed DSG and 7-speed DSG in operation to be honest; I've 7-speed DSG in both my RS3 and A1 and 6-speed DSG in the TT, and each seems much the same as the other in operation - either in normal drive mode jumping into the highest gear possible.

Good luck sourcing an 8P RS3, 7-years on with mine and I don't see me changing anytime soon...

If you need a pdf copy of a 2011/12 Sales and Specification 8P RS3 brochure then let me know and I can email one to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: slinemfc
Don't see much difference between a 6-speed DSG and 7-speed DSG in operation to be honest; I've 7-speed DSG in both my RS3 and A1 and 6-speed DSG in the TT, and each seems much the same as the other in operation - either in normal drive mode jumping into the highest gear possible.

Good luck sourcing an 8P RS3, 7-years on with mine and I don't see me changing anytime soon...

If you need a pdf copy of a 2011/12 Sales and Specification 8P RS3 brochure then let me know and I can email one to you.

Hiya mate, thanks for your reply. A copy of the RS3 brochure would be great thanks. Tried to PM you but you are limiting who can see your profile

Hiya mate, thanks for your reply. A copy of the RS3 brochure would be great thanks. Tried to PM you but you are limiting who can see your profile

PM Sent... :readit: