Try before you buy?

Bulbul68

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be nice if there was one place that you could take your car and try out different stage 1 maps from different tuners I.e. Superchips, Revo, Shark, mtm etc. before you part with your money?

REVO use to do a 5hr trial, bad reports of it not reverting back to the original map once the 5hrs is up though, so unsure if they still do it?

I actually went out in a couple of other members mapped cars before I plumped for my remap.

Would it automatically revert back after 5 hours or would someone have to manually remap it back to original?

It would be good if mappers can reset the ECU flash counter back to what it was before, flash back the original ROM onto the ECU so that if we were to take our cars to Audi within warranty they wouldn't void it.

Last edited:
Would it automatically revert back after 5 hours or would someone have to manually remap it back to original?

It would be good if mappers can reset the ECU flash counter back to what it was before, flash back the original ROM onto the ECU so that if we were to take our cars to Audi within warranty they wouldn't void it.

It reverted back to Revos version of the base map apparently? I stand to be corrected though.

What remap did you go for and why JoJo?

I'm running an AmD stage1 map done over 10 years ago, I call it the prehistoric map, but I have since had Niki at RTec look over my map, and he said it's a well written map. Why AmD?, there wasn't much option back then compared to now, and they was top dog at the time, plus I got 10% off! which was still 650+vat! :faint:

I quite like AMD as well but it seams a bit more than say Shark