Trouble starting 1.9tdi

StatedRain

Reaction score
1 day it'll start start no problem others itll take a few extra seconds? Today for example was ticking over for maybe nearly 10seconds before it started, went to get back into it to come home and it started straight away. Sound like the starter is going? About a month ago I drove around an hour to my mates, parked up, went to move the car around 30minutes later and wouldnt start for love nor money, left it for a couple of hours and then started up no problem.

Dont think it's a problem with the battery as when its cranking over doesn't sound like its struggling, someone suggested glowplugs? I'm not very mechanically minded so I wouldnt know what to start checking

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My girlfriends Passat started doing the same thing. Turned out to be a failing fuel pump in the tank. Got progressively worse then just stopped dead one day while driving. My ad ice would be to plug it in and get it sorted!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had a scan done on carista I'm and getting a p3007 camshaft position sensor(g40) no signal, could that be what's causing it?

Looks easy enough to change, is this around the right price?
3961e7ae13cfc4d8e768687806a151ab.jpg