Trouble Resetting Oil light

Beerzo

Masa'warty 3200... Talk To Me!
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I have a '97 R A4 1.8 t Sport.
As above i am having trouble manually resetting my OIL Service Light. (before anyone asks i done it myself 2 weeks ago. :) )

I have tried the below methods, but I cant pull the right stalk so i tried it the other way and when i pull the left one it starts moving the clock as it should. I was thinking i may have to use the On-Board computer stalk at some point. But right now i am totally stuck.

Another problem is that my warning chime is not sounding. When ever the fuel light comes on or washer fluid, bulb, speed limit set are tripped the thing doesn't sound. Can this be fixed easilly or have i accidently turned it off somehow. Please someone help me.

With the key out of the ignition find and press the odometer reset button (hold down)
Turn the ignition on (warning lights come on) wait about 10-15 sec until most or the lights are off (still pressing odometer reset button)

Turn ignition off (button still pressed) and remove the key

Release reset button

Interval should now be reset. If this is not the case, repeat the above procedure
and

Turn off the ignition
Press and hold the button on the left side of the display while turning the ignition on
Service OIL will be displayed
Pull out the button on the right side of the display until the service prompt is cleared
The display should now read ---
If the above procedure does not work, outlined below is an alternative procedure:

With the ignition off, push the right button
Turn the ignition on and then pull the left button
This should clear the warning message

I have the same issue with mine, warning chime is not sounding for petrol, washer etc, nor is the chime sounding when you open the doors with key out the ignishon and lights on.
My service oil light has also been flashing for ages, and cannot reset this, someone told me that the dash may be faulty. If this is not the case and you manage to resolve this issue, please let me know what the cause was, as would love to resolve mine.
Also drive a 97 R reg 1.8T sport

Bump - Anyone near glasgow with VAG-COM as this is getting annoying LOL.