Trouble getting tyres?

Spinstorm

Reaction score
My car repairs are finished - except I am waiting on a replacement tyre. Now this really annoys me as there was a tiny cosmetic cut on the driver tyre (see if you can even spot it on the photos I put up before) and as a result they won’t give me back my car until the replacement arrives.

It has been 8 working days since they ordered the tyre - they said it is coming from Germany.

Has anyone else had issues getting the P-Zero 265/30 Audi Tyres?

My car repairs are finished - except I am waiting on a replacement tyre. Now this really annoys me as there was a tiny cosmetic cut on the driver tyre (see if you can even spot it on the photos I put up before) and as a result they won’t give me back my car until the replacement arrives.

It has been 8 working days since they ordered the tyre - they said it is coming from Germany.

I don't rate the p zeros for anything beyond straight line, I'm trying to wear them down as fast as I can so I can get a decent street tyre to replace them.

Reactions: rngDeadeye
I don't rate the p zeros for anything beyond straight line, I'm trying to wear them down as fast as I can so I can get a decent street tyre to replace them.
I'm not a Pirelli fan either, mainly based on motorcycle experiences rather than cars. I've just stuck some Michelin PS4S hoops on mine, what a difference from the Bridgestones...

Reactions: 3vans and eleven_
I'm not a Pirelli fan either, mainly based on motorcycle experiences rather than cars. I've just stuck some Michelin PS4S hoops on mine, what a difference from the Bridgestones...
I was looking at the ContiSportContact7's as first choice and PS4S as second based on some recent reviews.

I don't mind the rears breaking loose accelerating through a bend but the rear of the car with the p zeros come out under heavy braking and I find that unnerving.

Reactions: Daggerit
I was looking at the ContiSportContact7's as first choice and PS4S as second based on some recent reviews.

I don't mind the rears breaking loose accelerating through a bend but the rear of the car with the p zeros come out under heavy braking and I find that unnerving.
I can understand why that wouldn't fill you with confidence! :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

I can understand why that wouldn't fill you with confidence! :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
I did buy a set of 18" wheels and semi-slick tyres mainly for track, just waiting on the wheels to arrive. I'll probably leave these on for the street while the weather is still warm and see how they go.

Michelins on mine too but if I was the OP with one bad tyre and soon selling the car, I would leave it on the Pirellis, but they do seem short on suply at the moment. Not long ago Michelins were hard to find so I guess supply problems hitting everyone at one point or another.

Just a heads up, the contis 7 are a really good tyre grip wise, but wen flooring it, they tramline like £%#&. I shuda went ps4s

Just a heads up, the contis 7 are a really good tyre grip wise, but wen flooring it, they tramline like £%#&. I shuda went ps4s
Can you elaborate more? I am planning on getting some new summer rubber and I am considering between the PS4S and SC7.

Can you elaborate more? I am planning on getting some new summer rubber and I am considering between the PS4S and SC7.
As above buddy, wen i get tyres again it will be ps4s.
Do you know what i mean when i say tram lining? Tbh i dunno how i would describe it

Do you know what i mean when i say tram lining? Tbh i dunno how i would describe it
Do you mean torque steering from the extra grip?

Yeah I think I don't understand that "tram lining" term :/ - not English native sadly :disappointed:

Michelins on mine too but if I was the OP with one bad tyre and soon selling the car, I would leave it on the Pirellis, but they do seem short on suply at the moment. Not long ago Michelins were hard to find so I guess supply problems hitting everyone at one point or another.
Last year it was just about impossible to buy a Bridgestone Motorcycle tyre, there just weren’t any

Yeah I think I don't understand that "tram lining" term :/ - not English native sadly :disappointed:
'Tram Lining' generally means that the car will follow any imperfections in the road surface without any steering input from the driver, the term comes from when the 'Tram lines' would actually run along the road and cars would get stuck and follow them

Reactions: Southall87, S4 Muzza, LayZ_Pz and 3 others
'Tram Lining' generally means that the car will follow any imperfections in the road surface without any steering input from the driver, the term comes from when the 'Tram lines' would actually run along the road and cars would get stuck and follow them
View attachment 264980View attachment 264980
Yes thats the one. The contis tram line like crazy. Apart from that they are a1

Anyways back to the point. The contis have massive torque steer, just incase someone has these tyres on their buy list.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 264980View attachment 264980
I see, I have experienced that on some roads due to trucks driving in the same "path" over and over again and digging trenches kind of thing - didn't know it was possible on a road without imperfection! It sounds like it's like when you are riding a bicycle and you let your hands off, the faster you go the easier it is to go straight I guess :)

Wasn't there issues with traction control on earlier RS3s (2015) using PS4S?
Has this gone away on 8Y or before?
I'm very interested in this as i just got a screw in one of mine - hopefully its repairable though?? to save the set.

Wasn't there issues with traction control on earlier RS3s (2015) using PS4S?
Has this gone away on 8Y or before?
I'm very interested in this as i just got a screw in one of mine - hopefully its repairable though?? to save the set.

The 8V never liked the wider Michelin fronts because they have at least 10% wider tread and resellers were made aware that the wider set up wasn’t suitable for the 8V, black circles sent out warning emails when the Michelins were ordered.

I measured the Pirelli vs Michelin once and there’s quite a difference

Audi released an update to improve the traction light issue.

Not seen any issues on the 8Y.

Pirelli 255 vs Michelin 235

799f91bef53b2f215c3345c14aea7dbc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1b50b37d72f2d85264ad51bfe3ae7c67.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3vans and cooperp
The 8V never liked the wider Michelin fronts because they have at least 10% wider tread and resellers were made aware that the wider set up wasn’t suitable for the 8V, black circles sent out warning emails when the Michelins were ordered.

I measured the Pirelli vs Michelin once and there’s quite a difference

Audi released an update to improve the traction light issue.

Not seen any issues on the 8Y.

Pirelli 255 vs Michelin 235

799f91bef53b2f215c3345c14aea7dbc.jpg

1b50b37d72f2d85264ad51bfe3ae7c67.jpg
What about this difference then, Pirelli 265/30/19 vs CR-S 265/35/18 I just bought for my new wheels

Insane!

Attachments

• F2AF725F-B39D-4532-AE03-DEE516FC60D0.jpeg
    F2AF725F-B39D-4532-AE03-DEE516FC60D0.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 94
Reactions: Mike.46 and 8YARWY
I have a new set of the PS4S's on and I haven't had any issues with tramlining or torque steer that I've noticed. Grip has been great and the turn in feeling was noticeably improved over the standard Bridgestones. Haven't felt like there's a negative to them yet (apart from to the wallet).

Reactions: 3vans
I have a new set of the PS4S's on and I haven't had any issues with tramlining or torque steer that I've noticed. Grip has been great and the turn in feeling was noticeably improved over the standard Bridgestones. Haven't felt like there's a negative to them yet (apart from to the wallet).
Can’t imagine a tyre causing tram-lining alone, it’s usually caused by aggressive wheel alignment with lots of camber, at least this is my experience. Torque steer can occur with all-wheel drive though, I even get it sometimes on the Pirellis, it’s just what you get with front wheel bias, until more power gets sent to the rear.

Can’t imagine a tyre causing tram-lining alone, it’s usually caused by aggressive wheel alignment with lots of camber, at least this is my experience. Torque steer can occur with all-wheel drive though, I even get it sometimes on the Pirellis, it’s just what you get with front wheel bias, until more power gets sent to the rear.
I can understand the tram lining changing with a change of tyre if they're actually wider, like the Pirelli versus Michelin where the Michelins are noticeably wider for the same supposed widths. I noticed that changing a set of tyres on a past car from 245 to 255 and suddenly noticed that it liked to tram line a lot more.

This is interesting. I collected my new car today and it on Bridgestones and all my precious RS3s including the LE have been Pirelli.

I haven’t driven it enough to know or notice any differences yet but what is the opinion on it?

Reactions: kayemill
This is interesting. I collected my new car today and it on Bridgestones and all my precious RS3s including the LE have been Pirelli.

I haven’t driven it enough to know or notice any differences yet but what is the opinion on it?
I would say the Bridgestones are better but they wear very quick. I've done 7k miles and was advised last week by Audi to replace the rears. (I already had to replace the fronts due to a Pothole)

Copy paste from a tyre supplier, notice there are two Bridgestones the same size with different ratings, one is Audi approved, the Audi one is apparently quieter and does more mpg

RS3 tyres

Reactions: RS03??? and 8YARWY

Had the same issue after a pot hole strike, ended up ringing every dealer in the NW England, finally found one at Huddersfield Audi so maybe give that a go?

They also allowed me to go down supply only as I use a friend for tyre fitting

Can't compare to the Pirelli in terms of handling because I've not driven on them. I can say that the amount of rubber on the road with the Bridgestone is definitely more though, despite being the same size rating. When you see cars parked next to each other with the two options it's fairly obvious and I'd like to think that would translate into a little extra grip overall.