TripleD's B9 S4 Avant Thread

TripleD

Audi S4 Avant Owner
Reaction score
Well, it was picked up Saturday, and I've only now had the chance to post a thread with pictures. The car is awesome, and the sound .... wow! Puts a smile on your face!

Spec:
Mythos Black
Vision Pack - Virtual Cockpit and HUD
Traffic Sign Recognition
Elec Memory Front Seats
Elec Heated Mirrors
19 5-V Spoke
Privacy Glass

Here's a few snaps from the pick up:

y3mgpny5EWL2QF6mc5-8YdXb5DqD6BuGumDgF8ZzS-uIY_6tmSu4WQ7Ofpj5ivQLnJbSc4WFumzSyjWQr_7l_NmPY_zwMq_upHhLWBqCDqWJqFrM66P8MYgXY__g_d8RG962TXb_Lutef5ehTHD4hofqymHAfmc9ijkPgu8Nidk4MI

y3mWGVVMPrLzDe9Q_rGI4HGzVrhAulNeVOCn0UaHBAiP_OOrdBNyjzt0Mv29Mv3j65zoVgLM7kzUfERqBdw3Ke2-RbEB17SpTlDs1XFCQLD1-ptF93Tm4D-0dkMC3w-s6SbjjLwWbTmH3ayiDjn1GBgH6SMaEDQqRF6385EXxRBmuA

y3mwwL0wQItojGsjLhDPiIVTeeBBa9wGHJ_dQLqC6KznLvmO6-6vrYkW9GO_qj95smpxuy1nMOv_1EMuy3C8FWhkevs6Eiw9wIBJtNKvOvloqsgF4SnsSqePG62sXQw5I-c8sEU8tqSAtLH4nVv_a9pSxSFiIhgsMjXFvJoWJrHRqs

y3msBKZgZ17_aVhuxqUWcHWQXlqaQ-fv3tw4kJKUdbz5YLncID5lQn4HaBfPgRo2AcYV2NVIaNbpJYRWx3-nRiDu00qzbLtpKLzB7Z8BeQMJJGDKijUbX--1piN4uB3v8ZgLVaZpPLv41oshNd2H-Ck9jSVGf2hiw2Aft6tUUb96b0

y3m2bt61n2zFCcrvInsOgoZBQ1zmaE5j7E_DUt1WFjxZ7mKp70qStJmL95wQEK1XUPPq2jXMFSgQwvQU8MpWmkfvLkg1miS1j_7_y9OM8mvdoGjX6p9HMI0yNib1_xmFRJxRFRAqz0zylq40a9VTIj51D-jR7-79M2tDad9CVyAg9w

Had the V6T badges removed as I felt they looked a bit tacky, after seeing the S4 badge I couldn't make up my mine whether or not to keep it, but again decided to get it removed. I'm not a badge lover personally.

And it was a bit of a buy one get one free affair (yeah right I wish, cost me a fortune) we saw an A1 for the missus and I eventually gave in, so we ended up with two cars :)

y3moSHk4yOhEBND3fHZZbreLJ3CRqHxM3RM4vIFi0f-5Sdn9nmzxMQyNHD1VnbUv6KpEm8lojtODwqdrrY3Xg7EU2zPin1-XHPexubBbVB33Ja3QbnhkJEOw3xL3CDRgZnLO-F9rsWKVo52BKZbWk-h7CgmjFj3VfMTi4VsIeL5fus

Am over the moon with the whole process, so much better than the Mercedes issues, once they took your money customer service went down hill, with BSE Audi it was excellent from start to finish! Highly recommend them, and the guy I spoke with Ian McClean knows his stuff!

Couple of issues I noticed when driving the S4 on some bumpy roads, the passenger seatbelt seems to rock around a bit and keeps hitting the B pillar, tad annoying.
Where do people keep there coins? Only thing I can see if either under armrest or buy a cupholder asktray, but when using the cup holders, that gets annoying.

Reactions: EvoSim, Rob_F, Bristle Hound and 5 others
Great little review and the S4 looks stunning in black. You have done the same as us, we have ordered a new S4 and A1. We pick them both up in march.

Congratulations.

Shaun

Reactions: TripleD
Well, it was picked up Saturday, and I've only now had the chance to post a thread with pictures. The car is awesome, and the sound .... wow! Puts a smile on your face!

Had the V6T badges removed as I felt they looked a bit tacky, after seeing the S4 badge I couldn't make up my mine whether or not to keep it, but again decided to get it removed. I'm not a badge lover personally.

Nice! I did the same thing with the V6T badges, I also thought they were a bit tacky and spoilt the line of the front wing, but I left the S4 badges as I like the little flash of colour they add!

And it was a bit of a buy one get one free affair (yeah right I wish, cost me a fortune) we saw an A1 for the missus and I eventually gave in, so we ended up with two cars :)

We got a slightly used A1 for the missus last year, so have the same combination. Hers is white with a daytona grey roof, so at least the roof matches the S4! The A1 is a lovely little car.

Couple of issues I noticed when driving the S4 on some bumpy roads, the passenger seatbelt seems to rock around a bit and keeps hitting the B pillar, tad annoying.

I have the same issue. I've tried adjusting the passenger belt to it's lowest height, and although it still moves about, it is a little further from the seat and so is less likely to hit it. Really poor design, I guess it only happens with the Super Sports Seats in the S4 so they haven't been prompted to deal with it before. They should have an adjuster on the belt to hold the buckle higher where it doesn't hit anything. I'd like to avoid having to fasten it in when there is no passenger, as that would look a bit naff!

Where do people keep there coins? Only thing I can see if either under armrest or buy a cupholder asktray, but when using the cup holders, that gets annoying.

Get hold of a small, girly purse, preferably pink and sparkly, and put it in the central arm rest. Looks really cool when you get it out to pay for parking...

Reactions: Dave70, Thundercliffe81 and TripleD
Get hold of a small, girly purse, preferably pink and sparkly, and put it in the central arm rest. Looks really cool when you get it out to pay for parking...

:salute: I shall start my search on Amazon :hopelessness:

Reactions: Brasso

Spec:
Mythos Black
Traffic Sign Recognition
Elec Memory Front Seats
Elec Heated Mirrors
19 5-V Spoke
Privacy Glass

y3mgpny5EWL2QF6mc5-8YdXb5DqD6BuGumDgF8ZzS-uIY_6tmSu4WQ7Ofpj5ivQLnJbSc4WFumzSyjWQr_7l_NmPY_zwMq_upHhLWBqCDqWJqFrM66P8MYgXY__g_d8RG962TXb_Lutef5ehTHD4hofqymHAfmc9ijkPgu8Nidk4MI

y3mWGVVMPrLzDe9Q_rGI4HGzVrhAulNeVOCn0UaHBAiP_OOrdBNyjzt0Mv29Mv3j65zoVgLM7kzUfERqBdw3Ke2-RbEB17SpTlDs1XFCQLD1-ptF93Tm4D-0dkMC3w-s6SbjjLwWbTmH3ayiDjn1GBgH6SMaEDQqRF6385EXxRBmuA

y3mwwL0wQItojGsjLhDPiIVTeeBBa9wGHJ_dQLqC6KznLvmO6-6vrYkW9GO_qj95smpxuy1nMOv_1EMuy3C8FWhkevs6Eiw9wIBJtNKvOvloqsgF4SnsSqePG62sXQw5I-c8sEU8tqSAtLH4nVv_a9pSxSFiIhgsMjXFvJoWJrHRqs

y3msBKZgZ17_aVhuxqUWcHWQXlqaQ-fv3tw4kJKUdbz5YLncID5lQn4HaBfPgRo2AcYV2NVIaNbpJYRWx3-nRiDu00qzbLtpKLzB7Z8BeQMJJGDKijUbX--1piN4uB3v8ZgLVaZpPLv41oshNd2H-Ck9jSVGf2hiw2Aft6tUUb96b0

y3m2bt61n2zFCcrvInsOgoZBQ1zmaE5j7E_DUt1WFjxZ7mKp70qStJmL95wQEK1XUPPq2jXMFSgQwvQU8MpWmkfvLkg1miS1j_7_y9OM8mvdoGjX6p9HMI0yNib1_xmFRJxRFRAqz0zylq40a9VTIj51D-jR7-79M2tDad9CVyAg9w

y3moSHk4yOhEBND3fHZZbreLJ3CRqHxM3RM4vIFi0f-5Sdn9nmzxMQyNHD1VnbUv6KpEm8lojtODwqdrrY3Xg7EU2zPin1-XHPexubBbVB33Ja3QbnhkJEOw3xL3CDRgZnLO-F9rsWKVo52BKZbWk-h7CgmjFj3VfMTi4VsIeL5fus

Am over the moon with the whole process, so much better than the Mercedes issues, once they took your money customer service went down hill, with BSE Audi it was excellent from start to finish! Highly recommend them, and the guy I spoke with Ian McClean knows his stuff!

So good to see a black one Chrome really works with this B9. I think it's better than black edition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't think the black would look good without the black pack. But it looks great.
Same combo here. S4 Avant & A1 185. Both goo fun in different ways.

I spoke very nicely to my dealer when I picked mine up and he let me keep the ashtray from the A3 I was trading in. It's perfect for storing coins. I also keep the remote control for the garage door in there.

I didn't think the black would look good without the black pack. But it looks great.
Same combo here. S4 Avant & A1 185. Both goo fun in different ways.

The Mercedes I had before was the black/chrome option, I did see one in black/black but was a little too dark for my tastes.
Am loving the contrast it gives, just hope the grey on the front grill doesn't end up fading massively, at the moment it looks good!

One thing I do miss is the Rear View Camera, have to look at retrofit possibilities at some point!

Very nice @ TripleD. The S4 certainly looks good in black.

I kept the ashtray from my s3 for coins. I'm not having the seat belt problem on mine, had a look at it today to try and work out if anything was different but couldn't see anything, but there's no rattle well not yet anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One thing I do miss is the Rear View Camera, have to look at retrofit possibilities at some point!

I must admit I'm glad I had it on mine, I'm sure there must be options on a retro fit. There have been some similar threads on the 8v forum.

Spec:
Mythos Black
Traffic Sign Recognition
Elec Memory Front Seats
Elec Heated Mirrors
19 5-V Spoke
Privacy Glass

@TripleD - Great looking S4 Avant. Congrats :thumbs up:
Loving the chrome to break up the black. Looks ace

Liking all these 'new owner' threads that are appearing in the B9 section

I must admit I'm glad I had it on mine, I'm sure there must be options on a retro fit. There have been some similar threads on the 8v forum.

Cool, will have a wander over see what they suggest

Thanks! I found VAG-TEC that do it also but their address looks like a house. And it's half the price of the ppl from your link. Cheap isn't always best so will have to research.

Any recommended retrofit installers?

Cool, will have a wander over see what they suggest

Thanks! I found VAG-TEC that do it also but their address looks like a house. And it's half the price of the ppl from your link. Cheap isn't always best so will have to research.

Any recommended retrofit installers?

I used Hazzy Days to retrofit sat nav into my S3 a few years ago and they were really good, I'd use them again.

http://hazzydayz.com

You can keep an assortment of up to 4 (yes 4!) coins in these handy coin slots that I just discovered in the glove box. I've filled them with an assortment of currency to demonstrate the flexibility of this feature :whistle2:

Glovebox

Reactions: duckduck, Thundercliffe81, TripleD and 1 other person
Wow 4 whole coins :haha:

Reactions: Bristle Hound and pierreluigi88
You can keep an assortment of up to 4 (yes 4!) coins in these handy coin slots that I just discovered in the glove box. I've filled them with an assortment of currency to demonstrate the flexibility of this feature :whistle2:

View attachment 115685
You forgot the credit card and a pen for the whole ensemble :)

Reactions: TripleD and pierreluigi88
Has anyone checked their Audi Connect License periods? Seems mine are all saying they expire on the 14th Nov 2017. I thought it had 36 months Audi Connect. My account has been linked etc, so not sure why these licenses haven't updated?
Now downloading the Nav update too :wtf: thought that would have been done in the pdi?

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Has anyone checked their Audi Connect License periods? Seems mine are all saying they expire on the 14th Nov 2017. I thought it had 36 months Audi Connect. My account has been linked etc, so not sure why these licenses haven't updated?
Now downloading the Nav update too :wtf: thought that would have been done in the pdi?

Yeah mine is Dec 1st 17 which is odd as you got your car after me. Never mind the obvious 36month issue...

Yeah mine is Dec 1st 17 which is odd as you got your car after me. Never mind the obvious 36month issue...

Mine was 12 months too. I spoke to customer services and they didn't understand the problem. In the end I ended up emailing the Audi Connect team in Germany directly and they sorted it straight away. Think I gave them my Reg No and VIN. Their email address is: connect.license@audi.de

Reactions: Thundercliffe81 and TripleD
Mine was 12 months for a short time, then updated to 3 years quite soon after registration.

Interestingly, the SIM is licensed for 99 years! I doubt I'll be around to need to renew it...

Upload 2017 1 26 17 0 20

Reactions: Thundercliffe81, Rob_F and duckduck
So first issue today the Bluetooth connection to my phone kept dropping today, probably 8 times in a 2hour journey!
Had to plug it in on the way home because couldn't risk it.

Had 1 SIM card message, and 3 data connection messages!

Must be a bug in the MMI

So first issue today the Bluetooth connection to my phone kept dropping today, probably 8 times in a 2hour journey!
Had to plug it in on the way home because couldn't risk it.

Had 1 SIM card message, and 3 data connection messages!

Must be a bug in the MMI

I've had quite a few data connection messages on a couple of days but hasn't happened since

Mine was 12 months too. I spoke to customer services and they didn't understand the problem. In the end I ended up emailing the Audi Connect team in Germany directly and they sorted it straight away. Think I gave them my Reg No and VIN. Their email address is: connect.license@audi.de

Many thanks for this

Deffo a fault somewhere, phone kept disconnecting again today, now need to find if it's the car or my phone with the issue!

Unfortunately maps are not updated as part of a pdi, as the name suggests it is just an inspection...
Really? I thought they would update it before those out, maps, mmi etc. Guess not :(

There is a lot they could do on a pdi that they don't, ensuring that the correct service intervals in the mmi is set when requested for one. Both my A3 and with my A4 despite, my requests, were left at the factory default of variable instead of fixed and the tyre pressures were also wrong on both cars as well...

Looks like I've got my first problem after 2800 miles.
Passenger side rear suspension is creaking like mad, over every speed bump, going round corners etc. Gonna have to get it booked in for investigations, but got a 600 mile trip to do early next week :(

Looks like I've got my first problem after 2800 miles.
Passenger side rear suspension is creaking like mad, over every speed bump, going round corners etc. Gonna have to get it booked in for investigations, but got a 600 mile trip to do early next week :(

That sucks man. Any Notable incidents that may have caused it?

That sucks man. Any Notable incidents that may have caused it?

Not really, a week in wales driving around country roads, then cleaned Sunday and sat on driveway ever since.

Sounds like a rubber squeak, maybe something like a top mount, bush or something similar is my guess.
Hope it's something simple!

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
Not really, a week in wales driving around country roads, then cleaned Sunday and sat on driveway ever since.

Sounds like a rubber squeak, maybe something like a top mount, bush or something similar is my guess.
Hope it's something simple!

Yeah. Could be. Best of luck and keep us all posted.

Car booked in this afternoon @ 15:00 with the 'Master Technician' who apparently have "finely tuned ears" :D

Reactions: Keef
Car booked in this afternoon @ 15:00 with the 'Master Technician' who apparently have "finely tuned ears" :D

Mine had a nasty suspension creak about 300 miles in. Unfortunately I couldn't get an appointment for 3 weeks but went in anyway and there was a technician free who had a quick look and solved it within 5 minutes :)

As @duckduck said, 5 minute fix, didn't even have to go on a test drive:

Offending item:

y4mexDH7IbjqehXfp4deOs2lEZvboZJYA8vjmTYXZqDrE3AkH0gHFfYhTKZeEoXcD-nNReMeke0w5TH7XlFmroTqcBrpshctqoEW6-6Znbtd92GdpGOSqxcWkDHVdU3EkIF4iLfTu7HeWaOI-OPMNe_V9225FgsF0i85VzPyMNJzRfiB_Vff96rz-c7odVD1ilskzVOQEBwNtshuc-VKxa7ig

Basically bump stop came out of it's housing, they added a bit of lube and slipped it back in (insert smutty jokes).
Well, least it was a nice coffee stop, and trip out of my office :)

Reactions: Brasso and duckduck