Triple QX oil, thoughts?!

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Just putting a order in with carpartsforless and saw this oil, done quite abit of searching on the web and cant find any real reviews. Whats your thoughts on their 5w-40 fully syn stuff?

We Ise triple qx a lot at work I have heard talk its made by shell but not 100% I use it and have had no problems hope this helps

So you wouldnt put it in the s3 then mate?

where are you buying the triple qx from ? i'm been trying to find a reasonably priced vw speced or similar.

Also its occurred to me, my S3 uses a fair bit of oil due to a leak & i'm doing a fair bit of mileage so technically when oil levels drop i am actually changing the oil.

Dave have you read the indepth reviews of the nanotech oil? I was all up for it but it seems over priced and fancy matketing for what seems just normal oil. How you finding it?

matty its on euro car parts or car parts for less, its their own brand, £17.50 for 5 litres lol.

I use it, its just 'middle of the road' to say oil, was in parts place other day and guy wanted some genuine 'VAG' oil, came over £80 ! ow and the guys reason, hes having problems starting it ?! FAIL ! ha

Like i said on VAGTALK i use millers cfs 10/50w in mine
Personaly if your seeing the smoke you mentioned i would probs go thicker grade than 5/40?
there is no real down side to the oil i use. I chose it because the standard stuff seemed to get a little thin at high temperature...
I change mine every 5k or so too

Matty that oil on ebay is half that price on carpartsforless.

Because 5w-40 is better suited to out engine and 30 is too thin and my car especially drinks it, their 5w-40 is vw spec anyway mate.

Reactions: silestanix
The triple wx is a fiver cheaper though mate.

Triple QX is Euro Car Parts 'own brand', however I have also heard that its made by Shell, know alot of garages and people that have used it and had no probs with it.

I used it on mine previously and had no probs with it.

I tend to go for 10w40 in mine.

Recently got a good deal from TPS though, I got 20 litres of Quantum for £32!!

Happy days :)

LOL....Apparently they had an offer on that had ended and they had stock left over, so as I got in just before they were closing, they said they would do it at that price for me :)

I didnt complain.

Only thing is I have to transfer it to a smaller containter as its a bit hard lifting a small barrel into the engine bay...lol!!

surely it would be better to spend a few quid more on an OEM approved oil than a generic that only meets the specification requirements laid down by OEMs. Triple qx and quantum are not factory fill in VAG cars. Fuchs has the factory fill contract for VAG and carries the formal approvals. Titan GT1 5w40 XTL is 505.01 PD oil and titan GT1 PRO-C3 is 504/507 longlife. I recently bought 20 ltrs of the PRO-C3 for my A4 £88.36 from oils u need. By far a more superior oil to the triple qx.

PLEASE do not use Triple QX oils!!!!

VW Group UK have instructed TripleQX to remove all VW Group Oil specs from their oils as they have now changed suppliers.(this is still yet to happen), and have not re submitted a sample for approval. I am led to believe it is now recycled oil!!!

Cheap oil is cheap for a reason.......it is *****!!!

Good oil is more expensive for a reason.... it is GOOD!
Quantum oils are blended by Castrol and are fully approved by VWG UK Triple QX is NOT.

All VWG UK vehicles leave the factory with Castrol Edge 5w30 507.00 fitted wether on extended or annual service schedules.

Triple QX oils are now "under investigation" by Trading standards and VLS (verification of lubricant specifications)

Damn that's good to know I just bought 5 litres of the stuff to mix with diesel to flush my engine. Only paid £12 for it. Quantum from vw or Audi isn't too expensive, if I remember it was around £26 for 5 litres

Was Triple QX ever an "approved" oil ?

Going for an approval carries a huge submission fee.

Thats why we see "meets or exceeds the requirements of" its a financial decision made by a smaller player.

Approved - sell at a higher price but the fee eats into the profits or go "meets or exceeds the requirements of" and sell lower.

The ECP website suggests it was approved, does it say it on the product.

@ £36 for 5L of 504.00 507.00, I wouldn't call it cheap.

I have the £12 stuff and it says 502.00 505.00 on it. Contacted ecp a while ago and they assured me its all genuine. It ecp's own stuff as its their trademark on the rear

Yep, Pro S is super quality.

Unless you're consuming oil why have a medium quality 502.00 505.01 when you can have high quality 504.00 507.00 ?

I guess at some point good is good enough? Otherwise every single vehicle would have only the best & that would be the case for everything in life. Many below top notch tick the VW relevant standard for folk's car. If you change it regularly (irrespective of medium/good, or even poor) then may it not make much of a difference anyway?