1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Trim removal for dashcam wiring?

dt-tdi Jan 13, 2020

1. dt-tdi

dt-tdi Active Member VCDS Map User

Hi all

Is there a how to on here with regards to how to remove the trim panels to install dashcam wiring from the front windscreen to the rear windscreen and the fuse box please?

Which side is preferred to access a switchable positive fuse source?

Thanks in advance.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Neil Woodburn

Neil Woodburn Well-Known Member

I am also looking into the 'hints' - saw this on YouTube For an A6 for the front camera and seen on other videos running the camera cable between interior mirror pod straight back to rear of car avoiding the side air bags - my only problem is the Pano roof gets in the way on mine :)
    He used the passenger side fuse box.

Also was thinking of doing my wife's car and this chap in Aussie was doing a RHD A1 so in theory a larger a6 - but the how to do for the clips on the trim was interesting.

4. dt-tdi

dt-tdi Active Member VCDS Map User

Completed the front and rear dashcam installation today in my A6.
    I removed the passenger side door pillar trim with trim removal tools to hide the cable completely (unlike the attached video) and used one of the bottom three free fuse holders (bottom row of fuses on the left hand side) on the passenger side fusebox which are all switchable positive feeds.
    Job done and works perfectly :thumbs up: