Tried my First Launch control today

Hmm how strange. I'm doing exactly the same and all I get is the revs rise to 1500rpm but the car is struggling against the brakes. Nothing like LC where the revs intentionally rise to 3-4k and hold there.
That is kind of how lanuch control works, it loads the engine up against the brakes

Are we confusing the automatic gearboxes against dsg again motty255. Unfortunately I couldn't see details of DevSK's vehicle.

No wait, in another post there is stated:
"Hi all,

Since this post has been brought up again I may as well ask here...

Does my A4 B9 2.0 TFSI s-tronic 190 have LC? I've tried the procedure outlined above but all that happened was the car struggled against the brakes to about 1500rpm then gave up. "

Reactions: Kondax
Are we confusing the automatic gearboxes against dsg again motty255. Unfortunately I couldn't see details of DevSK's vehicle.

No wait, in another post there is stated:
"Hi all,

Since this post has been brought up again I may as well ask here...

Does my A4 B9 2.0 TFSI s-tronic 190 have LC? I've tried the procedure outlined above but all that happened was the car struggled against the brakes to about 1500rpm then gave up. "

Hi all, I think I've finally gotten to the bottom of this!! It appears that I needed to turn hill hold assist off! It now holds the revs at around 2.5k and makes that lovely 'bouncing off the limiter' sound. Awesome!

Reactions: Despretine, LukeHawk, Terminator x and 4 others
Hi all, I think I've finally gotten to the bottom of this!! It appears that I needed to turn hill hold assist off! It now holds the revs at around 2.5k and makes that lovely 'bouncing off the limiter' sound. Awesome!
Ah, I dont have hill hold assist, which is why I never thought this could be your problem. Congrats! Feels good, dont it?

Well done....

I could be wrong, but don't we also have to turn off anti-skid/traction control too? Well that's what I'd read and tried and can only say it's a very noisy/tyre wearing experience with the 190 i.e. 2wd. Pretty sure it's also a lot slower than just selecting "S" and planting your right foot.

It's all quite clear in the manual about hold assist by the way...

... Deactivate the start/stop system * q page 99.
The LED in the I(A)"'I button will light up.
... Deactivate the hold assist* q page 101 . The
LED will go out .
.,. Applies to: Saloon/Avant: Briefly press the
1~ OFFI button q page 176while the engine is
running. The indicator lamp fl will light up
and the message Stabilisation control (ESC):
sport. Warning! Restricted stability will ap-
pear on the instrument cluster display .
... Applies to: allroad: Briefly press the r-1~-=-=FF I
button q page 176 wh ile the engine is run-
ning . The indicator lamp liJ will light up and
the message Stabilisation control (ESC): off-
road. Warning! Restricted stability will appear
on the instrument cluster display.
... Briefly pull the selector lever back from posi-
tion D/S to select position S or select dynamic
mode in drive select* q page 159.
... Press the brake pedal firm ly with your left foot
and hold it down for at least one second .
... At the same time, press the accelerator all the
way down with your right foot until the engine
revs are high and steady.
... Take your foot off the brake within 5 seconds