Tried my First Launch control today

motty225

Hmm how strange. I'm doing exactly the same and all I get is the revs rise to 1500rpm but the car is struggling against the brakes. Nothing like LC where the revs intentionally rise to 3-4k and hold there.
That is kind of how lanuch control works, it loads the engine up against the brakes

cuke2u

Are we confusing the automatic gearboxes against dsg again motty255. Unfortunately I couldn't see details of DevSK's vehicle.

No wait, in another post there is stated:
"Hi all,

Since this post has been brought up again I may as well ask here...

Does my A4 B9 2.0 TFSI s-tronic 190 have LC? I've tried the procedure outlined above but all that happened was the car struggled against the brakes to about 1500rpm then gave up. "

DevSK

Are we confusing the automatic gearboxes against dsg again motty255. Unfortunately I couldn't see details of DevSK's vehicle.

No wait, in another post there is stated:
"Hi all,

Since this post has been brought up again I may as well ask here...

Does my A4 B9 2.0 TFSI s-tronic 190 have LC? I've tried the procedure outlined above but all that happened was the car struggled against the brakes to about 1500rpm then gave up. "

Hi all, I think I've finally gotten to the bottom of this!! It appears that I needed to turn hill hold assist off! It now holds the revs at around 2.5k and makes that lovely 'bouncing off the limiter' sound. Awesome!

LukeHawk

Hi all, I think I've finally gotten to the bottom of this!! It appears that I needed to turn hill hold assist off! It now holds the revs at around 2.5k and makes that lovely 'bouncing off the limiter' sound. Awesome!
Ah, I dont have hill hold assist, which is why I never thought this could be your problem. Congrats! Feels good, dont it?

cuke2u

Well done....

Paul Golding

I could be wrong, but don't we also have to turn off anti-skid/traction control too? Well that's what I'd read and tried and can only say it's a very noisy/tyre wearing experience with the 190 i.e. 2wd. Pretty sure it's also a lot slower than just selecting "S" and planting your right foot.

cuke2u

It's all quite clear in the manual about hold assist by the way...

... Deactivate the start/stop system * q page 99.
The LED in the I(A)"'I button will light up.
... Deactivate the hold assist* q page 101 . The
LED will go out .
.,. Applies to: Saloon/Avant: Briefly press the
1~ OFFI button q page 176while the engine is
running. The indicator lamp fl will light up
and the message Stabilisation control (ESC):
sport. Warning! Restricted stability will ap-
pear on the instrument cluster display .
... Applies to: allroad: Briefly press the r-1~-=-=FF I
button q page 176 wh ile the engine is run-
ning . The indicator lamp liJ will light up and
the message Stabilisation control (ESC): off-
road. Warning! Restricted stability will appear
on the instrument cluster display.
... Briefly pull the selector lever back from posi-
tion D/S to select position S or select dynamic
mode in drive select* q page 159.
... Press the brake pedal firm ly with your left foot
and hold it down for at least one second .
... At the same time, press the accelerator all the
way down with your right foot until the engine
revs are high and steady.
... Take your foot off the brake within 5 seconds