Trek or Specialized

arthurfuxake

Controversial & Contradictive
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
Totally unrelated to my "Overpayment" post, I have narrowed down my choice of new MTB to a Trek Fuel EX7 or a Specialized Camber Expert. The Trek is £100 dearer, is it worth the extra? I have riden both bikes and they both feel good, I can hardly tell them apart.

What do you fellow MTB's think?

Specialized EVERY day, the Camber is a brilliant bike and got rated 10 out of 10 in MBR's sub £2000 trail bike write up. The fuel didn't even get a mention.

Lifetime warranty on the Spesh, FSR is a better suspension platform and the rear shock is better. Couple that with "Trek owners being ****ers" stereotype and we've got a winner!

(Although personally I'd be buying a Cannondale RZ120)

Heres mine -

285145_10150371817860130_709735129_10293225_5258794_n.jpg

285174_10150371816840130_709735129_10293211_4576839_n.jpg

Last edited:
If they're that close you can't tell them apart I'd pick the one you think looks the best! Both will be brilliant bikes I'm sure.

Lol @ posting this 2 days after the overpayment question!

Another vote for the Specialized.

Some years ago I had a Trek Y11 and it was hateful. Bearing issues, shock issues, creaking..... Wouldn't go there again. I hate a mate who raved about his old OCLV hard tail, but full sus rigs seem less successful.

I've recently had my ancient Epic given an overhaul, here's a photo of it when it came back fully serviced with new disks and wheels. It's immense, and considering how old it is I still love it.

web.jpg

It's a better bike in my opinion

I was torn between the 2 makes but different models a couple of years ago so ended up with a Rocky Mountain and love it :)

Spesh, Working as full time workshop manager in a cycle store i can tell you i have more issues with Trek frames than Specialized.

EX models of Trek have bearing failure early on and creek there tits off.

Have you looked at the range from Cube? Alot better spec and german back up is going down well for us, 7 out of every 10 bikes i sell are now Cubes.

Hope this helps

Good man, you were lucky to get one.

Specialized have been sold out of those for a couple of weeks. I worked at a Concept Store too and couldn't get one!