TRD Supercharged A3 3.2 V6 Quattro 420bhp+

warren_S5

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
After a poor start to the day with the MotoGP disaster I'm pleased to say my day improved significantly this afternoon when two mates turned up with their 400bhp hyper hatches.

Thought I'd share a few photos as it would be rude not to share the mechanic genius that Turner Racing Developments have shoe-horned under the bonnet of this Suzuka Pearl 3.2 V6.

Anyone notice anything interesting about the grille?!?!?!

web.jpg

Bit of cheeky badging can't do any harm as this baby is pushing well over 420bhp (I can vouch from the passenger seat!). A great conversion, and a lovely car which will put the wind up the sails of a few RS3 owners in the near future.

Can't comment highly enough on the quality of the workmanship by TRD, everything has been done to an astonishingly high standard, nothing looked half baked or 'home made'. A stunning and highly effective conversion.

web.jpg

The other car in question wasn't VAG, but still had about 140 horses more than my slightly lame duck standard S3 :-(

Both cars felt comparatively quick. ****us was running map, intercooler, intake, decat and a few other bits and bobs (near enough 400bhp). As it doesn't have drivetrain losses it was absolutely bonkers fast, but hard to judge if it was 'quicker' than the V6 as the power delivery is so different.

web.jpg

Went to sort out the final paperwork for the new S3 today (due on Friday I'm reliably informed), and whilst I was in there I saw this Merlin Purple S3 (£1795 paint job). Interesting colour, but not sure I'd choose it myself.

web.jpg

A better end to a sh*tter of a day, just a shame it's Monday tomorrow :whip:

Reactions: akash_sky1
wow i bet that 3.2 is a monster mate not sure about the RS3 badges tho but its defo got the go to go with the noise lol

:applaus: Great write up once again Warren. Always enjoy reading your threads. Love the car but the badges i cant stand.
Great colour and engine and with a supercharger:wub: Any videos of the noise it makes? did he say how much the kit set him back from TRD?

No vids, but they're both popping round to see the new car when it arrives next weekend so I'll get some video footage then.

They both sound absolutely phenomenal. 5 cylinder decat in one, supercharged V6 in the other. It was like a mechanical symphony leaving the close!!!

They're both great blokes too, so well deserved.

Last edited:
Hmm supercharged V6 i like a lot, the same as a golf R32 supercharged. Not keen on the RS though a bit "chav" for my liking unlike the purply blue S3 which would be nice in the sun

TRD know there stuff they mapped mine going back soon once clutch is fitted for a re-map

want! is that a originally a 3.2 then? with s3 bodykit and rs3 grill? i bet it goes like the clappers!

I think it deserves the RS3 badge :thumbsup: as it is pushing more bhp then actual RS3 ......I would call it a RSS3 thou .... Because it's more powerful ...lol

Both go like stink.

To be fair the grille is a bona fide RS3 grille so the badge came on it. Over £500 from Audi.

TRD conversion for 420bhp is .... Are you sitting comfortably..... £9k inc. VAT.

That sai, factor in the price he paid for the V6 Quattro (second hand), the Suzuka spray job / S3 facelift body panels (it's a low mileage 2005 car with 26k on the clock) and the mods and it's still only in the mid 20's of thousands. Beat that with a standard S3 at 50% price premium, or RS3 at 100% premium! Hell of a car for very reasonable dollar.

Reactions: akash_sky1
Both go like stink.

To be fair the grille is a bona fide RS3 grille so the badge came on it. Over £500 from Audi.

TRD conversion for 420bhp is .... Are you sitting comfortably..... £9k inc. VAT.

That sai, factor in the price he paid for the V6 Quattro (second hand), the Suzuka spray job / S3 facelift body panels (it's a low mileage 2005 car with 26k on the clock) and the mods and it's still only in the mid 20's of thousands. Beat that with a standard S3 at 50% price premium, or RS3 at 100% premium! Hell of a car for very reasonable dollar.

Fair play to them, looks killer from the outside, wonder what the dash looks like :ninja:

Fab write up as always. Warren! As the guys have already said and I totally concur, ..just LOVE reading your threads! As for the cars, ..WOWSER!! :wub: xx

very nice,im considering either a turbo or supercharger for mine,i think 400 bhp will be a decent figure to aim for,£9k is actually not too bad if thats fitted