1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

transfering number plate registration to motor cars question.

I'm Just Rob. Nov 26, 2017

1. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

One for those in the know, can a reg be transferred to a car from any other road registered equipment.
    I was thinking about using an old plate I have but after a look on the web it seems a little bit unclear what can be used.

rob5.JPG

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. joinerman

joinerman Registered User

Phone the DVLA Rob, Iv'e always found them quit helpful, Don't call in the mornings though you can never get through.

4. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

I think that is a good suggestion chap, I had a good old search on the web earlier but there does not appear to be clear answer .

thanks
    rob

5. joinerman

joinerman Registered User

Any news Rob ?

6. I'm Just Rob.

gave up today, spent so long trying to get through to the right dept that I had to hang up.......wont get time tomorrow as i'm away on business , so will have to wait until wed I think.
    must be cyber Monday and everyone calling them.....

7. thawatchai2510

thawatchai2510 Registered User

Find in old WEB.
    Cheers.

8. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

Email them, they are actually quite good at responding, I have contacted them a few times via email and they have always responded.

Maybe worth a try.

Ghost likes this.
  9. 45bvtc

45bvtc The Older I Get The Better I Was Supporter Gold Supporter

If the vehicle to which the number is attached Rob is taxed with a current MOT then yes, in my own experience, no problem. Unfortunately I can't find a record of TWX 327 on DVLA's website ( see https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/ConfirmVehicle) and so I doubt very much that you'll be able to gain a transfer UNLESS you can get it MOT'd and taxed.

Ghost likes this.