1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Trailer wiring

Blagadan Mar 23, 2020

1. Blagadan

Blagadan Registered User

Hi All,

I fitted a tow-hitch to my 2011 A6(C6) Avant over the weekend but I still have to connect up the relay module for the EU spec trailer light socket.

Do any of you have a wiring diagram that shows the connector block where I splice into, and what wires are for what? I believe the common place to tap into the electrics is the boot, on the driver side (pic attached)

I have wired up 7 pin trailer sockets in the past, but this is the first car I've done with can-bus, so I'm a bit nervous.

Thanks for your help!

Kevin

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

If it's OEM module then it'll more than likely need coding too especially if it's got parking sensors.

Finishing a C6 next week as client was missing the wiring, lots of wires for sure.

If you're looking for this to be completed for you, ping me a WhatsApp.

Blagadan likes this.
  4. Blagadan

Blagadan Registered User

A universal module was supplied with the tow hitch.

Similar to this one - Universal PCT Automotive ZR2500 https://www.pfjonesebay.co.uk/instructions/ZR2500.pdf

The wiring of it looks straightforward, but knowing which wires to splice into on my vehicle is my hurdle at the moment. I've searched on a few of the forums, but the dreaded photobucket BS has ruined a lot of really good install threads.