Traffic Sign Recognition-Retro Fit??

SPEEDBIRD3000

Reaction score
Hi,

I have ordered an A4 Avant 190 Sline S-Stronic with Technology Pack, Virtual Cockpit, Alcantara/Leather and Heated seats as well as the Larger Fuel Tank. I am moving from an A6 Sline(190d) Manual.

With the new tax system now in place my car comes in shy of £40k and thus avoids the extra premium in road tax etc.

Was wondering if the traffic sign recognition could be retro fitted?

Did you get the Matrix LED lights? I think you only get the camera if you went for them, without the driver assist package

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have the technology pack then you can have the traffic sign recognition. You don't need the matrix headlights. So i imagine it is an easy thing to retro fit?

The technology pack only displays the speed limits in the sat nav though? To read the signs it'll need a camera and maui is correct in that the that comes with the matrix headlamps...

That is incorrect. According the Audi Configurator then you only need the technology pack + the traffic sign equipment...

Yes - but the "camera-based traffic sign recognition" physically adds a camera to the car, it's not just a software option. The only way you get that camera without selecting that option is with the 'driver assist - tour' package(which includes the sign recognition), or the matrix LED headlights (which then you can enable the lane assist / traffic sign recognition in software)

This is correct, if you have the matrix headlamps you can also program in lane assist because they come with the camera. If you've not got the drivers assist package or the matrix headlamps and not the traffic sign recognition then you won't have the camera. Simply as maui states...

Ok, I've checked the configuration and it says that you can add the traffic sign recognition without matrix headlights or the driver assist pack..if they were requirements then there would be a prompt.

25660f7a2dea4556e63fe0d0de0f37e0.jpg

This is the windscreen on my car (I have driver assist pack). The triangle looking window with the circle in it is the camera. If you have this - you can enable lane assist and traffic sign recognition. If not, you are SOL...

Ok, I've checked the configuration and it says that you can add the traffic sign recognition without matrix headlights or the driver assist pack..if they were requirements then there would be a prompt.
What do you think the traffic sign recognition has, are you assuming a camera is already fitted? That wasn't the case with the MY17 cars and the cost for that option was also £275 and came with the camera...

My car has the camera which I think is needed for Audi Pre Sense City (standard). LED non matrix headlights -so matrix is not a prerequisite.

Mmmm, I may need to get a hat and a knife and fork. Strange thing is I know that when it came to enabling lane assist on the A4 some have been unable to do this because of the camera. Need to look back through the forum..

Sorry... My bad - @ub7rm is right, UK spec A4 has Pre-sense City as standard, which is based on the camera on the rear view mirror. More here:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/vcds-modifications.291602/#post-2890389

That thread has details on how you can enable the Lane Assist option. That said it 'looks' like only those who have the camera for matrix LED have done so, and I am not sure if anyone has succssfully done it with just the pre-sense city.

In addition, there is no mention on enabling traffic sign recognition. Maybe @mjcourtney or @DJAlix can comment if they have seen this in coding, and clarify if these can be changed with just the pre-sense city option.

Reactions: cuke2u and MikeSel^
I have coded the lane assist with non-matrix lights, just the standard LEDs and pre-sense city.

Reactions: maui