Traffic sign recognition Parameterisation

jamin4

Any chance you can plug your dongle into the pc and read the details please mine didn’t work I think I know why but just need more info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I can’t find a mini USB cable to connect it. I’ll let you know if I find one.

elan2s

Just to confirm the Kufatec dongle worked perfectly on my Sept 2018 build car.

Couple of immediate observations, it has turned off the speed limit display on the map screen and when it does not have a speed limit to report it defaults to displaying the speed limit from the map data. We have a couple of roads near us that has recently changed speed limits, driving along Road A it correctly shows the new speed limit as 30, turning into Road B it momentarily displays 60, the old speed limit before seeing the new 40 speed limit and displaying that.

I have also installed High Beam Assist, but will need to wait until it is dark to how that performs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sarah1331

Just to confirm the Kufatec dongle worked perfectly on my Sept 2018 build car.

Couple of immediate observations, it has turned off the speed limit display on the map screen and when it does not have a speed limit to report it defaults to displaying the speed limit from the map data. We have a couple of roads near us that has recently changed speed limits, driving along Road A it correctly shows the new speed limit as 30, turning into Road B it momentarily displays 60, the old speed limit before seeing the new 40 speed limit and displaying that.

I have also installed High Beam Assist, but will need to wait until it is dark to how that performs

Can you plug your dongle in the pc and give me a read please

elan2s

I will when I can get to a windows machine, the dongle tool does not work on a mac

elan2s

Hope this is what you need

upload_2020-3-8_9-34-36.png

NSS89

Apologies if this is a stupid question but once you have installed the USB can it be used on another vehicle? Or is it a one time thing? I was thinking of going halves with someone for one hence the question.

psychopomp1

It only works on 1 vehicle - the first one you plug the dongle into.

elan2s

Does it not come up as a usb storage dongle

Yes but the file (.etc) is not readible by any application I have. Same on the Windows machine. Only thing that would open the file was the Dongle-Tool from Kufatec

elan2s

Sarah, I have managed to open the file. I am reluctant to post the full image here as it is clearly Kufatec proprietary information. Is there a particular register(s) you are looking for the value for, alternatively let me know your email address and I will email you the image

Jsmills

Any one local to South Yorkshire that can do required Parameterisation

I have fully coded but camera still needs Parameterisation

Willing to pay

Thank you

hi, what coding did you follow for the c8? I did it on my b9 A4, is it the same?

thanks.

elan2s

Reactivating this old thread. I have been in touch with Kufatec over the weekend, I had hoped they could remotely resent the dongles I vbought from there for my old C8 so I could use them on my new C8. Short answer is no they can't (or won't!). More interesting though is that the traffic sign dongle does not orl on MY21 vehicles and they have no solution for it. Not sure what has changed but this applies not only to the A6/A7 but also to the Q7/Q8, e-Tron and VW Toureg. On e-Tron, it actiually applies to all car built after a date in November 2019. Wonder if this is due to Audi introducing the "shop" in the myAudi app and them wanting to sell upgrades like this. On my wife's Golf 8 I can buy Head Light Assist thorugh the onboard shop

psychopomp1

Reactivating this old thread. I have been in touch with Kufatec over the weekend, I had hoped they could remotely resent the dongles I vbought from there for my old C8 so I could use them on my new C8. Short answer is no they can't (or won't!). More interesting though is that the traffic sign dongle does not orl on MY21 vehicles and they have no solution for it. Not sure what has changed but this applies not only to the A6/A7 but also to the Q7/Q8, e-Tron and VW Toureg. On e-Tron, it actiually applies to all car built after a date in November 2019. Wonder if this is due to Audi introducing the "shop" in the myAudi app and them wanting to sell upgrades like this. On my wife's Golf 8 I can buy Head Light Assist thorugh the onboard shop
I presume you left the bonnet open when doing the coding? All MLB based Audi's from MY19 onwards require the bonnet to be left open, otherwise the coding won't work.

elan2s

I presume you left the bonnet open when doing the coding? All MLB based Audi's from MY19 onwards require the bonnet to be left open, otherwise the coding won't work.

I know about the bonnet requirement. It was Kufatec who told me that traffic sign recognition cannot be enabled on the 2021 models, confirmed on their website, and I cannot try the old dongle as it is linked to my previous car hence my initial request to them to see if they could reset it remotely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk