Traffic Sign Recognition Coded!

Richter sports are a waste of time. They’re just the UK distributor. Contact KUFATEC.eu instead.

For future ref. in my experience its usually cheaper to buy direct from them.

Reactions: Chimp and NevMan
Cheaper and quicker...I made this mistake. Bought from the UK and had a 3week wait. They UK hold no stock, they simply place an order with Germany, they get their orders every Friday from them and ship out to you. So you may as well just get it shipped directly from Germany straight away to you!

All I can suggest is keep trying the steps here

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I have purchased the Kufatec dongle from the uk site in the last week. I followed the instructions on here as it didn't have any with the dongle and it appears to go through the process with lots of errors on the dash etc. One thing I did notice is that after a minute or so the red and green light were on and then the green light went off. The red light just flashes... it seems strange and no one else said this happened.

I now get the extra section on the VC under driver assistance but it just shows no sign recognised. I went for several drives on different roads and signs and nothing!.

I have tried a few times but get the same results, I have odb11 and checked the coding and all seems ok from the posts I have seen.

I have called the contact number on the invoice which is Richter Sports a couple of times and they don't seem to have an answer and never call back,

Looking at the dongle the single file can be read by a util on the kufatec website and it says coded and locked to car..... wonder if when before you use the dongle you could copy the file off as a back up and maybe copy back down to the dongle to use on another car?

Don't really know what else to do..

Did you make sure the engine was not running? I had a similar problem and it was due to me starting the car rather than just having the ignition on but engine not running?

I took your advice on Wed last week and contacted Kufatec. I submitted a web enquiry on their site and they replied in under 10 mins! They asked for 3 dates/times in the near future I would be available (I was off work last week so said 3 days in a row chancing my luck!) They replied again in under 10 mins and suggested straight away if I could!!!

I connected the dongle to my laptop and then connected to the teamviewer session they setup. They then proceeded to reapply the file for the update and then asked me to connect to car. (luckily my wifi reaches to the drive).

After about 20 minutes and several attempts and what looked like a few versions of the file being copied onto the dongle the process went through and on this occasion I notice an additional "ping" and was asked to turn ignition off/on etc and he announced it should be ok to test drive.

I disconnected and notice within 30 yards a traffic sign pop up on VC! Excellent service although a bit nervous of not knowing the person controlling my laptop.

I asked what they thought the problem was and it was a bit vague but something along the lines of they had to make space in the coding to allow the settings to fully be accepted... perhaps in the memory space for the settings in ECU I don't know, but all working!

One thing I notice and thought about is that if someone buys a dongle in the future, it might be worth connecting laptop/PC to the dongle prior to going anyway near the car and taking a copy of the one file that's on the dongle . Then if you apply the file/dongle to your car you might be able to copy the locked file off should you need to reapplied the locked file back on your car and put the "clean" one on the dongle and use on another car....maybe :)

Reactions: scotty76 and Evil Derboy
So this company has bent over backwards to help you to reach a successful outcome and you repay them by suggesting a way to rip them off??
Really...

Reactions: NevMan
I took your advice on Wed last week and contacted Kufatec. I submitted a web enquiry on their site and they replied in under 10 mins! They asked for 3 dates/times in the near future I would be available (I was off work last week so said 3 days in a row chancing my luck!) They replied again in under 10 mins and suggested straight away if I could!!!

I connected the dongle to my laptop and then connected to the teamviewer session they setup. They then proceeded to reapply the file for the update and then asked me to connect to car. (luckily my wifi reaches to the drive).

After about 20 minutes and several attempts and what looked like a few versions of the file being copied onto the dongle the process went through and on this occasion I notice an additional "ping" and was asked to turn ignition off/on etc and he announced it should be ok to test drive.

I disconnected and notice within 30 yards a traffic sign pop up on VC! Excellent service although a bit nervous of not knowing the person controlling my laptop.

I asked what they thought the problem was and it was a bit vague but something along the lines of they had to make space in the coding to allow the settings to fully be accepted... perhaps in the memory space for the settings in ECU I don't know, but all working!

One thing I notice and thought about is that if someone buys a dongle in the future, it might be worth connecting laptop/PC to the dongle prior to going anyway near the car and taking a copy of the one file that's on the dongle . Then if you apply the file/dongle to your car you might be able to copy the locked file off should you need to reapplied the locked file back on your car and put the "clean" one on the dongle and use on another car....maybe :)
Doubt it mate, will be linked to dongle and not software on it (or on your PC)...dodgy!

So this company has bent over backwards to help you to reach a successful outcome and you repay them by suggesting a way to rip them off??
Really...

Um it should have working in the first place. £160 for a plastic dongle and file is steep at the best of time!.. and not having mucking around with it for 3 days for something that's a bit of coding that readily available on the internet. Luckily I was off work otherwise I should be charging them my daily rate!

If someone has bought the dongle and paid over the odds already...why not.

I was pleased with the response from them as they should respond quickly, when compared to their UK supplier who did't offer any help and couldn't even be bother to call me back....

And by your principle people on here suggesting buying the dongle in the first place is it not ripping Audi off by not paying for the extra in the first place?

Um it should have working in the first place. £160 for a plastic dongle and file is steep at the best of time!.. and not having mucking around with it for 3 days for something that's a bit of coding that readily available on the internet. Luckily I was off work otherwise I should be charging them my daily rate!

If someone has bought the dongle and paid over the odds already...why not.

I was pleased with the response from them as they should respond quickly, when compared to their UK supplier who did't offer any help and couldn't even be bother to call me back....

And by your principle people on here suggesting buying the dongle in the first place is it not ripping Audi off by not paying for the extra in the first place?

Glad you got sorted but I have to say, your attitude is a bit sharp on this for me. You're paying a fraction of what Audi charge and you just got superb service. The finished product, intellectual property and the service along with it is what you're paying for, not just the piece of plastic. Personally I find it a bit disappointing that your first instinct is to try to steal their work.

You were quite happy to pay the £160. It's not like you were forced or conned into it.

Besides. They're much cleverer than you when it comes to this stuff. Surely you must know that they've already thought of what you suggest. It's hardly an abstract idea...

Poor show. Take yourself over to the naughty step.

Reactions: psychopomp1, TDubYa, Happy Grumpz and 2 others
Glad you got sorted but I have to say, your attitude is a bit sharp on this for me. You're paying a fraction of what Audi charge and you just got superb service. The finished product, intellectual property and the service along with it is what you're paying for, not just the piece of plastic. Personally I find it a bit disappointing that your first instinct is to try to steal their work.

You were quite happy to pay the £160. It's not like you were forced or conned into it.

Besides. They're much cleverer than you when it comes to this stuff. Surely you must know that they've already thought of what you suggest. It's hardly an abstract idea...

Poor show. Take yourself over to the naughty step.
Spot on...

Reactions: NevMan
For those of you that have used the Kufatec dongle for the TSR activiation, have you had any warranty work done by Audi for example software updates ec? Was the modification noticed/mentioned?

Nice, Will have to get one on order as its ahuge amount cheaper than getting your dealer to add it as an aftermarket option (~£300 + 30 mins labour).

Bit of an odd question, but did anybody do the OBD11 coding without doing the VCP parameters, and what happened?
I've done that, fully expecting error messages, and it's all working with the major exception of it not actually spotting any signs! But I get no error messages or anything, would this be expected?

Bit of an odd question, but did anybody do the OBD11 coding without doing the VCP parameters, and what happened?
I've done that, fully expecting error messages, and it's all working with the major exception of it not actually spotting any signs! But I get no error messages or anything, would this be expected?

Sound about right, VCP makes changes to the camera parameters itself to allow the recognition.

Reactions: Jsmills
Darky is right, no errors come if coded without flashing, but it won’t look for any signs as it’s physically disabled on the camera without the flash.

Can somebody confirm if this is possible using ODIS without VW enabling it on their servers? So if I found somebody with ODIS - would they be able to paramatise the camera for me, or is this not possible?

If you know ODIS then you will have no problem.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Can somebody confirm if this is possible using ODIS without VW enabling it on their servers? So if I found somebody with ODIS - would they be able to paramatise the camera for me, or is this not possible?
VW group / Audi sell a genuine activation document for use with ODIS which costs approx £250.00. It’s not possible to activate via ODIS without this.

Kinda bummed the speed limit signs aren't larger in the car. Bit too small to notice when they change / read from a glance

Mine 100% reads signs including overhead motorway speed limits
Hello there.
I have just bought my audi a4. It doesn't have the virtual cockpit, but it has a camera fitted behind tye mirror on the windscreen.
Mine is an a4 b3? Not sure. Will the dongle work? Xx

For those that don't/haven't read the VCDS thread.

I now have traffic sign recognition coded :grinning: This was the only thing missing on my car that I really wanted and was hopeful it would be possible to code it.

After going round and round in circles looking at just about every post on the internet it seems to be a bit of a problem and there doesn't appear to be any coding that's 100% confirmed as working.

So I bought one of these...

https://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/d...nostic-interface-traffic-sign-recognition-mlb

Yes it's expensive at £160 for a 1 trick pony but for me the cost was worth it.

It arrived today and took 5 (scary) minutes to do...

24993054_1568763759873755_689244887_o by Matt Smith, on Flickr

24826044_1568763719873759_705758194_o by Matt Smith, on Flickr

Display in the HUD...

24882894_1568763903207074_246612247_o by Matt Smith, on Flickr
The links are no longer working. Do you have updates? Xx

I guess you need the parameterization file that you can flash with ODIS-E but haven't found anything over the internet.
There are some people that can do it remotely for you if you have ODIS-E + the needed cable for some bucks.

I guess you need the parameterization file that you can flash with ODIS-E but haven't found anything over the internet.
There are some people that can do it remotely for you if you have ODIS-E + the needed cable for some bucks.
Almost 2 years ago I wrote that and for avoidance of doubt I found that if you have ODIS then you can't flash it without VW enabling it on their server as ODIS checks with VW if it's valid.
However a very kind member of this forum with VPC sorted me out and I now have traffic sign recognition working. Was recently on holiday in an area I didn't know and found it invaluable when I wasn't 100% sure what the limit was on a particular road.