Traffic sign info via audi connect?

orcomma

Reaction score
So, I don't have the speed limit camera option.

However, on my audi, I do have this service enabled

Traffic

Does anyone know how this works? Can't seem to find any reference in the user guide or on the MMI menus?

I think there are two types, one is an option and uses a camera based recognition system and the other (that you can see in MyAudi) is the nav based data for the road you're travelling along.

Reactions: orcomma
Thanks RAG - I thought that too - just wondering how I get the speed limit to display! Doesn't even seem to during navigation?

Just realised I didn't help with your questions at all lol!

I don't think I've ever seen it displayed either. Perhaps it's simply for computing journey times rather than showing it as a reference for an individual road, it would make sense if that was the case, otherwise they'd struggle to justify the camera based cost option.

Would be good if someone knows a way of displaying it though!

So I've just been out for a spin and to have a gander at this

I've found the speed limit IS displayed :)

But only in the MMI central map, not the virtual cockpit :(

20170612 224036

View attachment 128207

The one that shows in the virtual cockpit is from the recognition camera, I have it in my s5 and it's pretty decent if you have the adaptive cruise control with traffic jam assist it will reduce the speed to any sign it recognises so far I've seen it pickup on not only standard signs but also temporary roadwork ones and the overhead digital motorway signs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 128207

Nice work, I don't think I've ever noticed this!

I'm still looking for a way to code the camera based recognition but there doesn't seem to be much info out there apart from a few failed attempts.