Traffic Lights !!! Why why why !!

ruffrida

Reaction score
As i do a lot of driving for work (sales Rep) i see a lot of stupid drivers, and people with zero road sense!

The new thing that is really getting on me nipples right now, and my car horn is getting severely abused beacause of it!

Is numptys at traffic lights, that big red shinning light does not automatically mean, lets check me messages, lets check me twitter or poobook. Or (sorry) but you women must see this as a mirror light and go into auto make up mode.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo, this does not mean any of the above but it means to sit and wait patiently till the big green shiny thing come on which means go, not sit there for a few more mins checking your ****** status, get out me way or leave ya phone, make-up or any other crap in ya pocket or handbag!! YOU FOOLS !!!

And oh yeh, driving whilst talking with ya phone in ya hand on loud speaker is also an offence, YA STILL TALKING ON YA PHONE, to your head or not

Reactions: Arrkon
It drives me up the wall when lazy automatic drivers keep thier foot on the brake rather than drop it in neutral and apply the handbrake...

Especially at night.... Cue main beam for a few hundred yards afterwards and see how you like it... T^*T!

Last edited:
Reactions: Arrkon and ruffrida
I actually got out today and hurled a barage of abuse at some chav texting at a junction, he was gobsmacked like texting while driving was the norm! this week cost me just shy of 100 for a new hands free , last one packed up and im not risking using a phone while driving on public roads...

It's not only women that do this (not the make up part mind you)

What really winds me up is lorry drivers with their mobile phones to their ears while hurtling down the road in charge of a potentially lethal weapon.

Also not sure if this only happens in France, but people get a call while going round a roundabout and just stop on the roundabout to talk on the phone. So dangerous.

Reactions: TonyH38, ruffrida and NHN
Even saw one the staff out of our building yesterday, when i fronted her about she looked at me like i had 6 heads, and just said "everyone does it, dont know why its against the law" YOU STUPID biatch, does she not read the news, sorry if it aint on facebook it aint worth bothering with.

And yes Vanessa i totally agree with you, it is not all women that do it, just most lol

It drives me up the wall when lazy automatic drivers keep thier foot on the brake rather than drop it in neutral and apply the handbrake...

Especially at night.... Cue main beam for a few hundred yards afterwards and see how you like it... T^*T!

One reason they do this, especially if they are in the front car, is that in the nano-second it takes to put their foot on the brake, put the selector back in to drive, release the handbrake and accelerate away, some bozo will start tooting them for taking too long to pull away.

Reactions: sidibear and ruffrida
it means to sit and wait patiently till the big green shiny thing come on which means go

It actually means 'proceed with caution' as you'll probably get some harassed sales rep on hands free ignoring a big red shiny thing in the opposite direction...

What really winds me up is lorry drivers with their mobile phones to their ears while hurtling down the road in charge of a potentially lethal weapon.

A car is no less lethal than a lorry in the hands of a muppet who is not paying due care and attention. A lorry might be heavier but the ensuing carnage for following and approaching traffic would be the same no matter what sort of vehicle is not fully in someone's control.

Yep, it annoys me too sitting behind a stationary car with it's brake lights blazing away. Unfortunately for us auto drivers the stop start system only works with yer foot on the brake, which means of course if the traffic lights have just gone red you know you're going to be stopped a while so you want the stop start to switch off the engine, which means the poor ****** behind cops for a face full of brake lights.
Had a similar issue with my last car, that had a foot operated parking brake and auto box, so it was a right palaver to apply the brake and then release it every time you stopped at a set of lights, particularly as the release was a hand lever and the brake released with a hell of a bang as it wasn't damped, so I had to damp the return by holding the pedal with my left foot, whilst pulling the release with my right hand, right foot on the foot brake, left hand on the wheel etc, it was a hell of juggling act so more often than not I'd just sit with the foot brake on illuminating the poor ****** behind. Unfortunately it's down to poor car design as much as lazy drivers.

Reactions: jdp1962 and Ghost
or even worse. traffic lights on roundabouts, at least turn the F*****g things off outside of rush hour, the a5/m42 one seems particularly slow to change these days

or even worse. traffic lights on roundabouts, at least turn the F*****g things off outside of rush hour, the a5/m42 one seems particularly slow to change these days

It's not like roundabouts need them either, as most people out there just stop at a roundabout regardless of the fact that the road is clear. It's a give way....not a stop....as I nearly ended up someone's bumper the other day because they arrived at a clear roundabout with good viability and stopped dead. Waited to triple check that there was indeed nothing on the road and then go again, and then take the 3rd exit (right) without indicating.

*sigh*