Traffic jam assist coding help

• Thread starter Deleted member 117185
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 117185

hello,

I am trying to cod traffic jam assist but I get the below error. I have lane assist camera.

Please can anyone help? This is on the first step of the instruction.

sorry this is for traffic sign assist, not traffic jam assist. I get the following message, I'll try another link here:

@DJAlix *m.imgur.com/a/O319v

If you take the star out of that link you should be able to see there. Thanks :)

This is traffic sign assist, not traffic jam assist by the way :)

Want me to change the title of this thread then? :)

The "error" you are getting is not actually an error so to speak, its more of an advisory message. Just click Yes. If the change does not work then you need to change your VCDS Workshop Code etc. I suggest reading up on this via the Ross-Tech website as they explain the changing of the WSC, Importer ID and Equipment IDs better than I can.

Assuming you have Lane Assist the guide you are following looks like it might work but will depend on which car you have, FL or PFL? FL cars have seen a great deal of the possible mods related in to firmware / parameterisation rather coding and adaptation.

I would love to know if it is possible to enable traffic jam assist. FL A3 Prestige. I do have ACC with stop and go, but lane assist cuts out below 38 mph.

In terms of the thread title, I would be curious to know @DJAlix if you come up with a way to add traffic jam assistant via coding. Here in NA it is not available with the same hardware (granted you have all driver assistant options equipped).

Also interested in enabling TJA! We didn't get it here in Australia either. Also heres some steps someone on OzAudi used to enable TSR, worked for me using OBD Eleven

Coding for FL

After a bit of trial and error, and thanks Wood Duck for pointing me in the right direction, I got TSR to work for the FL as the coding for the pre-FL did not work. The coding below has a few more steps and is a mixture of steps from various forums and one or two personal additions. For the pre-FL coding, byte 1 and bit 0 had to be enabled in Module A5. But the FL already has it enabled. So after the normal coding didn’t work the first time, I deselected it and started the coding again. However, I’m not sure this made a difference. I believe the last two steps added made the difference. An error message comes up when you start the car, and the TSR option in the MMI is greyed out, but it works and hopefully it'll work for those daring enough to try. Try at your own risk
icon_wink.gif

TSR
============================
Module: A5
Coding
Byte 1, Bit 0 Disable

Module: 5F
Adaption: Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2
Activate BAP traffic_sign_recognition_0x21
Adaption: Car_function_adaptations_Gen2
Activate menu_display_road_sign_identification

Coding
Byte 1, Bit 0 Enable

Module: 17
Coding
In long coding helper, select “traffic_sign_detection” - Yes
In long coding helper, select “traffic_sign_display_BAP - Yes

Adaption: Road sign detection fusion mode
Road sign fusion [already enabled in FL]

Module: 5F
Coding
Byte 24, untick Bit 6 or in long code helper, select inactive for “Byte_24_vza”

Module A5
Coding
Byte 16, tick Bit 4 or in long code helper, select coded for “VZE”

I also used the coding below for the FL (slight variation to the pre-FL)

ACC default distance setting in MMI

======================
[13] Auto distance regulation
Adaptation: Distance basic setting option
Change off to on
Save
Reboot MMI (Push up on the radio and nav/map switches and press the MMI wheel simultaneously)

Disable DRL's in Light Switch 'O' Position
=========================
[09] Central Electronics
Adaptation : Aussenlicht_Front
Activate tagfahrlicht nur in Schalterstellung AUTO

Disable DRL's when handbrake on
=====================
[09] Central Electronics
Adaptation : Aussenlicht_Front
Activate Tagfahrlicht Dauerfahrlicht bei Handbremse abschalten