Traffic cops - BBC1

I would also guess that the insurance company weren't too happy about the guy leaving his patio door open so the thief could walk into his house and take his car keys. Having the keys in your hand is an advantage to a thief trying to steal a car!

well the car is actually still down the police compound wrecked..
due to be crushed soon why its still insured i dont know.
as for the patio doors left open they were locked but the thieves left them open on there way out with there swag bag full of house belongings:blackrs4:

Who foot's the bill for the Ambulance services and the Police? We are/have all paid for this really.

My my! Come to think of it, we paid to see the car wreck on the tv... if as I read correctly, it is on the BeeB.

We live in a mad world.

Gutted.... guys, remember, this could happen to any of us huh.

So what can you do chuckyd? Can you appeal and try get them to pay out or is that that? Honestly, thats harsh that they wont even come and go a bit.

I think I should patent an idea where the steering wheel comes off if someone has stolen the car. I wouldn't feel so bad about my car being stolen and smashed up if the **** that did it was dead.

Ferarri have got it right, you need a transmitter as well as the key. If you (the transmitter) get to far away from the car the GSM/tracker in the car calls the cops with your exact position.

I was told that by a ferrari owner, it may be cod **** though.

i watched this to and staright away knew it must have been stolen as any of us no our cars arnt exactly slow and an acident like this is enevitable if driven like a ****. the guy obviously didnt have a care for other peoples saftey and what there families would have had to go through had he killed anyone else other than himself,
i do feel for his family as they may well have been decent people i no someone who's sister is a thieving scum bag in and out of jail but the fammily are lovely and so to is my mate. its easy to stereotype peolpe but its not always true.
i mostly feel for chunkyd had his car stolen and crashed left with nothing and the insurance didnt pay out wtf, even if it should have been in the garage there was a reason it wasnt in there insurance is just a ****** scam any ****** reason to not payout, can you not claim on the house insurance as they broke into the house to steel the car in the first place???
and as for he's **** of a mate who run away leaving his mate dead and unidentified he only got 22 months prison sentence what a joke, these programs **** me right off as at the end when they tell you everyones sentences there pethetic, us law abiding people who work hard and pay our way are being made a fool of this country is seriously wrong

That insurance is a joke though huh!

What happens if you go round to someone house and stay the night?

Example... Like you have started dating a healthy girl recently, you go round visit her, maybe go to the local pub to get her drunk as quickly as possible then get her home quickly to get her in bed.... scratch that.... I mean go to the pub, have a few adult beverages, then go back and fall asleep (after watching a movie that you were not really interested in) on her sofa and she retires to her boudoir....

Anyhows, you stay the night and it gets nicked. Some lowlife nicks it by braking and entering or any other means but he nicks the car. Totals it, kills himself. Costs us all a fortune, breaks his family's hearts... the list goes on.

Will insurance pay out? Surly you don't declare when you are going to stay at someone else's house? Whats the difference? The car was afterall not in the garage of your house.... it was at that healthy girls place.

The list could go on.... you get home from work at 7 at night, park on the road, go in the house, car keys on the table. Then you nip in to see the neighbour for 5 mins for some reason or other... House gets busted, keys get nicked, car is gone. You were planning on taking the car back out as you needed to visit yer old dear or something... should you have parked it in the garage? Wont they pay out? What is classified as night time parking?

Strange things happen. I was asleep in my flat and got broken in too, some guy popped his head round my bedroom door and I heard it and looked up... he bolted and I gave chase (which I should probably not have). Never caught him. This was at 5 in the day. Got back in the house and the video player was all looked out, the CD's and Hi-fi unplugged. CID came and dusted the place but no luck.

Just dont seem right to me.
Nothing I can do but I really feel for Chuckyd! :mad:

Then you nip in to see the neighbour for 5 mins for some reason or other... House gets busted, keys get nicked, car is gone.

:mad:

Is this to borrow sugar? or milk? or what? Just a chat?

any way if they nicked your car keys then surely you had a set of garage keys on there so why not just say it was nicked from the garage?? even if there were cars in front of the garage they could have moved them to get your audi out. thats what id have said if they werent to pay out for something so stupid

If the neighbor was healthy it would be to borrow something so you can go back round to visit again :arco: hahaha

But why is it terrible? On the schedule of insurance, the guy said it was parked in the garage.
The risk would have been rated on the car being out of view at night, and the premium reduced accordingly.

You cant get away leaving the car on the drive when it should be locked up.

If the insurance company would have paid out on this, it's me and you who have to foot the bill come renewal time.

I had to leave my car out of the garage for 2-3 weeks whilst having some building work completed 2 years ago, I rang the inusrance company and told them. The result was my policy increased by £50 for the 3 week period.

I paid it knowing the consequence of not informing them.

I think we've had this argument over on TSN, if it really was as described then I think a no-payout from the insurer is grossly unfair.

That insurance is a joke though huh!

What happens if you go round to someone house and stay the night?

Example... Like you have started dating a healthy girl recently, you go round visit her, maybe go to the local pub to get her drunk as quickly as possible then get her home quickly to get her in bed.... scratch that.... I mean go to the pub, have a few adult beverages, then go back and fall asleep (after watching a movie that you were not really interested in) on her sofa and she retires to her boudoir....

Genius!:)

any way if they nicked your car keys then surely you had a set of garage keys on there so why not just say it was nicked from the garage?? even if there were cars in front of the garage they could have moved them to get your audi out. thats what id have said if they werent to pay out for something so stupid

haha yeah try telling the police that they moved 2 cars off the drive to get your Audi out the garage, then closed the garage door, moved the 2 cars back onto the drive, and hung the keys back up on the pegs by the front door :jester:

well my parents were away on holiday due to be picked up from exeter airport the following morning. i had come home from working away that night as a favour for my parents. so the car was the last one on as i could get up and shoot straight out early.
theres 3 cars on my drive that night all keys were stolen.
they might of come back and got them had they not crashed.
a3-1.8s,a3-2.0tdi,"s3-wrecked" new one coming soon.

If you think about it you would take all the keys if you were planning on taking a car.
Especially as theyre all Audis the keyfobs all look the same so they wouldn't know which fob was for which car and the only car they would take would be the one at the back - easiest to get out.

Also by taking all the keys, if you woke up as they were leaving, you cant hop in the other car and chase them down the road...

Not as thick as they look these low-life spineless ********... :angrymod:

Ash dont call them spineless ********....they are people like the rest of us and need molleycoddling to show them the right way to live.....its not their fault.....

*for the PC brigade amongst us*

*awaits a social worker popping up to teach me the error of my ways*

Big shock the FLO is sticking up for the family. Yeah his family is going through it right now but what about ChuckyD? Nobody gives a damn about him right? Despite the fact this guy has broken into his house, stolen his car and then the insurance screwed him over!

ChuckyD I feel for you mate, having someone break into your house isnt a nice feeling to live with for a little while, I've seen kids at school cry there eyes out after a burglary for weeks, hope it all gets sorted for you.

Just wonder what would have happened had he not died, how long before he was out again and next time decided he'd try and get some money out of the owners, maybe having an off day and cutting them up? Just be another statistic on the news. I'm not saying the guy should be hung for his crimes but excuse me if I dont shed a tear for him tonight.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who feel he got exactly what he deserves

I'm not saying the guy should be hung for his crimes

I am then the thieving scum might think twice before acting like this. :angrymod:

sorry to hear about your car and your ordeal CHUCKYD,its the first i heard of it

As for the low life that took it,i have no remorse.

I think if he had survived and knocked down and killed inocent people and got maybe 4 years in a holiday camp,those that did have remorse for him would maybe change their views on low life scum like this????

Big shock the FLO is sticking up for the family.

Sorry, am I not allowed to think its a shame for someone being told their son is dead? (regardless of how much of a **** their son is). Have you ever had to tell someone a relative is dead, have you ever seen how people react to it?. I've been punched, hugged, shouted at etc, its no easy ride for anyone even if their son is Billy Burglar. The chap who was killed was obviously a scrote but that doesnt mean his parents should be treated any different to anyone else as they're now a victim of this crime too.

Yeah his family is going through it right now but what about ChuckyD? Nobody gives a damn about him right? Despite the fact this guy has broken into his house, stolen his car and then the insurance screwed him over!

Who said no one gives a damn about him?:shrug:

Details of the S3:-

Registration no . : OY52MPV Chassis: WAU ZZZ 8L 7 3 1 202989 Variable Service
Model description : AUDI Audi A3 S3 quattro Man.6sp
Model type . . . : 8L1S29/2003 Colour code . . . . . : C2C2AS
Selling dealer . : 998 Date of sale . . . . . : 09/09/02
Servicing dealer : 554 Date of last service . : 06/08/04
Rd Asst expires . : 25/11/03 Last service mileage . : 53566
Engine number . . . . : BAM 030122
Dlr Warranty Invalid Date of next service . : 06/08/06
Next service mileage . : 72566
Customer name
VEHICLE HAS BEEN DIS-OWNED - OWNER UNKNOWN
Owning RFO details
** NONE **
Outstanding recall campaigns
** NONE **

I would take your insurance company to the insurance ombudsman for not paying out as when you take out a policy they ask where is the car usually parked at night, as what happens if you are staying at a friends or coming home late from work (2-10 shift)etc then having a shower and going straight out again they cant expect you to put the car in the garage. What happens if you need to store some new furniture in your garage overnight. There has got to be some give and take and the insurance ombudsman will be able to help if your company are in the wrong.
I hope you get something back mate.

Sorry, am I not allowed to think its a shame for someone being told their son is dead? (regardless of how much of a **** their son is). Have you ever had to tell someone a relative is dead, have you ever seen how people react to it?. I've been punched, hugged, shouted at etc, its no easy ride for anyone even if their son is Billy Burglar. The chap who was killed was obviously a scrote but that doesnt mean his parents should be treated any different to anyone else as they're now a victim of this crime too. :shrug:

you are completely missing the point Tom, you do what you do as a job, I respect that but your experiances are irrelevant in this scenario.... who's talking about how the parents should be treated? simple fact is that this chap was a scrote and died because of his own antics, he got what he deserved IMO especially after learning about his past....as for the parents, you wouldnt wish that on anyone but then if you look at the simple contributing factors you cannot ignore the FACT that they will have contributed to this outcome somewhere down the line - that could be allowing him to trawl the streets at unknown hours at a young age? it could be anything.

So before you get on ya high horse think about what your saying and process a valid argument rather than giving us your CV

Details of the S3:-

Registration no . : OY52MPV Chassis: WAU ZZZ 8L 7 3 1 202989 Variable Service
Model description : AUDI Audi A3 S3 quattro Man.6sp
Model type . . . : 8L1S29/2003 Colour code . . . . . : C2C2AS
Selling dealer . : 998 Date of sale . . . . . : 09/09/02
Servicing dealer : 554 Date of last service . : 06/08/04
Rd Asst expires . : 25/11/03 Last service mileage . : 53566
Engine number . . . . : BAM 030122
Dlr Warranty Invalid Date of next service . : 06/08/06
Next service mileage . : 72566
Customer name
VEHICLE HAS BEEN DIS-OWNED - OWNER UNKNOWN
Owning RFO details
** NONE **
Outstanding recall campaigns
** NONE **

Were did you get them stats from>?

Regarding where your car is parked overnight, I enquired about the price difference between parked in garage and on the drive, person on the other end said there was no premium reduction if the car is garaged, they just need to know where it's parked overnight at the registered address. So parking outside a friends house overnight is classed as social and shouldn't effect a claim. And saying garaged means you can't make a claim, if the car is parked outside and got nicked, despite coming home at 6am in the morning. I changed all my policies to 'on the drive' to protect myself, despite it being garaged 95% of the time.

Regarding the actual incident, the guy got what he deserved, but I still wouldn't have wished death upon him...

Insurance company rules vary from company to company. They asked you if its got a thatcham approved alarm on it But other companys say it doesnt affect the premium. Weird or what. Mines got a Clifford G5 Intelligurd with BlackJax. Didnt mean **** to my insurance company. Bleh

Have you ever had to tell someone a relative is dead, have you ever seen how people react to it?

Seeing as my brothers an undertaker, yes. I've seen you chaps do your job.

At the end of the day Tom thats your job, I think we all agree the family will be suffering and I dont wish it upon any family but he's dead and unless your a magician he's not coming back.

I feel for his family like you but I'm not going to cry over this guys death, you yourself should know better than most... seeing 6 month olds dead and people hang themselves because they cant take it anymore, you realise this little scrotum wasted his life.
He brought this upon his family, he chose to steal the car, he chose to drive it under the influence, he chose to push it beyond its limit.

Why you felt it necessary to bring the family into this is confusing but there we go.

Some people are missing my point here I feel.

I said it was a shame for his family, thats it....its an opinion, I'm not asking everyone to agree with me because if we all had the same opinion on everything then things would be pretty dull.

I know the guy was a **** but its still sad someones wound up dead , someones lost a nice car and someone has to go around and mop up afterwards.

If you read my posts below you'll see that I would rather have seen him come out of it minus a leg or an arm...I'd say thats a lifetime of punishment rather than just winding up dead.

I guess he could have escaped with an arm missing and changed his life around, he might not have, unfortunatly (fortunatly?) stupid people have a way of removing themselves from the gene pool :shrug:

I can understand Tom, its good that you feel that way so the families who are on the recieving end of your news will have an understanding shoulder to lean on... But I still couldnt give a monkeys chuff about this chap.

Anyway enough about the git who stole the car, is ChuckyD about to give us an update?

I guess he could have escaped with an arm missing and changed his life around, he might not have, unfortunatly (fortunatly?) stupid people have a way of removing themselves from the gene pool :shrug:

My logic for him coming out of it minus his legs or something was more to do with giving the chap a reminder every day that he's a low life robbing scum bag. Everytime he has to drag his way onto the thrown to take a dump will remind him of where his previous poor lifestyle decisions have got him ;)

I can understand Tom, its good that you feel that way so the families who are on the recieving end of your news will have an understanding shoulder to lean on... But I still couldnt give a monkeys chuff about this chap.

I dont care about him, just the poor buggers who have to deal with his demise.

thanks Tom but the conversation isnt going in the 'discussion about other people direction' its about the chap who died and his family...yes its a shame for them but like i said above, nothing they wouldnt (most likely) have had a hand in