Traffic cops - BBC1

ash_s3

Reaction score
Just watching this, 52 reg S3 crashed into roundabout in wales and the lad died.

Just checked the reg (as you do) and its still insured on the road!

Anyone else watching it?

Ash

Just watching this, 52 reg S3 crashed into roundabout in wales and the lad died.

Just checked the reg (as you do) and its still insured on the road!

Anyone else watching it?

Ash

Yep, looks nasty alright.

Looks like its Billy Burglar then, car key break in.....what goes around comes around eh?.

Shame someones died though due to him still being someones son, brother etc etc.

Still had he not decided to nick someones car and drive it like a tw&t then he'd be alive now. At least he only killed himself and no one else (Oh, I hear he was ****** too!)

As far as im concerned its one less thieving c*nt on the streets, before they found it had been nicked i felt really sorry for the driver.

Just seen it - impressed by the scanner and software that mapped eveerything out.

(Taken my keys to bed)

what goes around comes around

The owner of the S3 actually posted that his S3 had been stolen about mid September on TSN and that the police had woke him up at 2:30 to tell him the good news.

The equivalent of - new penalty for car theft and reckless driving = capital punishment

Some really considered views in this thread, not.

Some of you may or may not be aware of what I do for a living but one of my roles is as an F.L.O as mentioned on the programme.

Whilst Billy Shitbag did nick a carm he's been killed. His mother had to be told and thats her life being pretty **** for a while. The trauma his family will have gone through is immense.

I'd rather have seen him banged up but being as his prison identity card ID'd him I'm guessing he's not getting the message.

Yes he was a ****, no doubt but he's dead. I'd much rather have seen him come away minus an arm or a leg so he's got a few years to reflect on where his 'lifestyle choices' have got him.

ermm no offence A3TOM but punishment obviously didnt teach that guy the right way of society. im sorry but if we all had the attitude that we cant be ***** to work for things, we should just nick them. this planet would be in anarchy!! the guy had been in prison many times before so his parents would be fully aware of his nightlife activities. yes death is not something you would wish on someone but please dont make out like his parents would be oblivious to there angel son.

Just goes to prove that young people in fast cars have no road sence at all (more often than not) and its the police who have to scrape the body parts off the road that i feel sorry for.

I'd much rather have seen him come away minus an arm or a leg so he's got a few years to reflect on where his 'lifestyle choices' have got him.

:iagree:

But at least its one thieving scum less to worry about breaking into one of our homes for the keys

A3Tom, i do see where you are coming from but he did not see the error of his ways and why should we pay our taxes to either keep him in prison or pay for his disability allowance if he did lose an arm or leg.

My mum told me about this lol. Said it was abit of a mess?

Good riddance I say!! I had theives get in to my house while I slept and nicked my car, only wish the theif came to the same fate that had my car away!

One less for the taxpayer to look after in HMP aka Butlins Holiday camp.

ermm no offence A3TOM but punishment obviously didnt teach that guy the right way of society. im sorry but if we all had the attitude that we cant be ***** to work for things, we should just nick them. this planet would be in anarchy!! the guy had been in prison many times before so his parents would be fully aware of his nightlife activities. yes death is not something you would wish on someone but please dont make out like his parents would be oblivious to there angel son.

No offence taken and I agree....as I said earlier he's not learning from being in prison. Im fully aware that his parents will know about his activities but he's still their son and its going to be awful for them to see him killed. Live by the sword, die by the sword as they say, its still going to seriously **** on his mums chips. No ones saying he's an angel, but he's still someones son/brother etc etc.

He's dug his own grave and he's now firmly in it, not going to make things any easier for his family though

yeah i agree with ya there A3TOM. My girlfriend who i live with is a police officer and has been for the past 6 yrs and she gets tired of pulling up young drivers here in devon for driving like idots. They just dont learn. to be honest i dont think even if they saw a death that they would learn and also to be honest thats why when reading over some posts on this forum, it just staggers belife that alot of people are alway taking about racing other drivers on the road and "smoking" them at the lights. at least 3 times a week she comes home and tells me about going to the scene of accidents because of people driving like twats. The message here is drive safely.

:friends:

the kid lived in gloucester somewhere!! he obviously didnt learn his lesson the first time round! things happen for a reason!!!!

yeah that's right - let's cheer when a life's lost.

we'll sleep safer yada yada yada.

won't give half of the people on here a brain though.

this forum's in the toilet right now.

I can totally understand that the family has to go through alot of ****, but he bought it on them... do people who burgle houses and nick cars have loving parents at home wondering where they are at night??? i bet 9 times out of 10 its their ****-poor up-bringing that puts them in that situation in the 1st place.

He'd been banged up before and within a week of getting out hes out again on the rob.

Would some people rather see he back inside, sat on his **** for 12 months then released back into the community to start sponging off the system like all the other ******* idiots? i for one certainly wouldn't.

he got what he deserved.... yes your heart goes out to his family, but then you have loads of other things to take into account without forgetting that HE alone has put them in this scenario..... im almost certain this kid wasn't brought up a loved child otherwise he wouldnt have turned out the way he did, which then begs the question 'is he the only one to blame'....either way the blame is almost certainly proportionate within the family

The debate is death penalty or penalise...... nothing more, nothing less and we will all have our 'take' on this depending on our own experiances and view points

How old was the guy that was driving it?

I don't think you can say it is the family's fault - not enough love etc. It might have been but it is not necessarily true in all cases.

End of the day, it's just terrible. For the owner of the car, for the police and crews that need to deal with a dead body, for the parents and family of the driver, for the driver himself.

If people knew about the drivers background I think it would be then fair to comment and blame family or not.

I don't think you can call all familys of burglars etc as scum, for example an ex of mine has a brother that is/was a heroin addict and turned to burglary to feed his habit. But the family was one of the most loving you will find. Totally devastated by what happened to him, but I still have the feeling that they would be better off without him.

well im glad theres a little talk over this.. i happen to be ryan brown from cardiff and it was my car which was stolen september the 17 to be precise. the insurance wouldnt pay out on becuase the car wasnt in my garage overnight... it was on my drive blocking in the other cars as my parents were on holiday. the thief was from a few miles away lowlife who happend to be a menace according to the police i'll let everyone make there own mind up on him..

Sometimes it makes no difference as to the upbringing IMO, look at those ten and eleven year old kids that beat 2 younger ones. Its a few bad choices he made and he has paid for it dearly. As ****** off as i would be if they stole my car, i am sure i would feel somehow responsible had someone died at the wheel of my own car.

He knew what he was doing when he got behind the wheel, so the outcome was just a matter of time. I am sure the parents are currently beating themselves up wondering what they did wrong and it has nothing to do with them as he made his own choices.

The main reason they showed it on tv was hopefully to show the full dire consequences of what can happen, if one person that was thinking about taking to a life of crime had a second thought, it would have been worth it.

Curcumstances sometimes drive otherwise normal people to a life of crime, as the risks are outweighed by the potential gains, I have felt so low on times i wonder why i bother doing things properly and the right way when doing it wrong seems so "easy".

/Rant over

Bottom line is wear a seatbelt! The drive was thrown out of the car and crushed by it as it rolled and the passengers head smashed the windscreen, they clearly weren't wearing belts!

3 things we all learnt,
1.Dont drink and drive
2. Wear a seat belt
3. Dont steal cars

My next question though, how on earth is that car still on the road and insured, it had a crease in the roof, wing, front bent back, on a 52 plate, had to a write off?

Hi chuckd...

So it was your car then? So the insurance did not pay out.... what happened? Like how did you get it fixed/get a new car?

Gutted for you mate.

P.S. What car you got now?

Rav an FLO is a Family Liasion Officer.

the insurance wouldnt pay out on becuase the car wasnt in my garage overnight... it was on my drive blocking in the other cars as my parents were on holiday.

Now that is terrible. Name and shame the company.. what a mess.

3 things we all learnt,
1.Dont drink and drive
2. Wear a seat belt
3. Dont steal cars

My next question though, how on earth is that car still on the road and insured, it had a crease in the roof, wing, front bent back, on a 52 plate, had to a write off?

Ive seen worse repaired but not by the insurer. Theres alot of money to be made in buying written off cars and repairing them. If the roof and front end was crushed then they were probably just chopped off and replaced using a donor car.

sorry if i offended anyone, obviously stereotyping opens me up to comments about people that shouldnt be stereotyped, IMO the facts are that the family is to blame at some point down the line.... yes people are free spirits from a certain age, but there is a level of control a family has which they either choose to accept or don't..... yes this family may not be directly at fault - the idiotic driver was - but he wasnt delivered by a stork and left to fend for himself, he was brought/dragged up

Now that is terrible. Name and shame the company.. what a mess.

But why is it terrible? On the schedule of insurance, the guy said it was parked in the garage.
The risk would have been rated on the car being out of view at night, and the premium reduced accordingly.

You cant get away leaving the car on the drive when it should be locked up.

If the insurance company would have paid out on this, it's me and you who have to foot the bill come renewal time.

I had to leave my car out of the garage for 2-3 weeks whilst having some building work completed 2 years ago, I rang the inusrance company and told them. The result was my policy increased by £50 for the 3 week period.

I paid it knowing the consequence of not informing them.