Facelift Traffic assist and other extras

Masslob

Reaction score
Hi all

OK so I got traffic assist with my FL S3

Now does this only work if it's been tracking a car that then slows to a stop

Or can you also be at a standstill in a jam and you turn on the acc so when it starts shuffling along the car does it for you?

I have ACC but I think traffic assist is an extension/works in tandem with ACC so I can only comment on ACC - with that it only works if it has already tracked a car or picks up a newly tracked car. As long as the car in front has been tracked, you can either automatically (within 3 seconds) or manually (via pulling ACC stalk or touching accelerator) move forward at similar pace to the car in front. I am not sure about it though "if you turn on the acc whilst at a standstill" - if you mean activate it, it may not, if you mean "resume" it probably will - having said that I am learning about it all the time! - one thing I have only just got to grips with is that once it is activated/set but then you brake, you have 2 options - pull the stalk and the ACC will resume it previously stored speed (if permissable) or press the "set" button and it will reset to the current speed - I kept pressing the "set" button only to find it resets to the current speed rather than wanting to resume!

As I understand, traffic jam assist refers specifically to the car "steering" or maintaining itself in a lane at low speeds; under 60kph I believe.

Another way to describe it is low speed lane assist.

ACC is a separate integrated feature that specifically controls the brakes and accelerator to maintain a safe follow distance at any speed all the way to a stop.

So ACC works in conjunction with traffic jam assist but they are separate features.

Tried out both yesterday. Pretty damn cool. :)

Worried it wouldn't brake in time but it was rock solid and then set off as soon as car in front moved off

Have done it with a car I was already tracking. I'll see what happens from stationary

if you mean trying to track a stationary car be careful as it does not (or should not) work!

Yeah I tried that. So yeah It don't work that way
But for everything else I'm impressed, it works very well