Traders to private

Kaibo

Reaction score
Hi all, I'll try and keep this short. For the last 9 years i have used traders insurance, I bought and sold cars so often that i couldn't keep up, it was a convenience of sorts, now I come up to 9 years NCB i find myself over a barrel, my premium has tripled, not sure why but who am I to ask. I have hardly changed cars the last few years so thought sod it, I'll insure just the one car on a private policy, great idea until you phone for a quote, sorry we don't except traders NCB, ok so your telling me, a man of 32 years with a clean licence who drives lorries and coaches for a living, having 9 years NCB has to pay over £3500 (Adrian Flux) for a car worth maybe a third of that on paper, makes you sick. I can almost understand people driving without insurance (maybe why my premium has gone up), if it wasn't for my job.
That's my story, my 2 pence (£3500) any advice?

Cheers Kai

Shop around mate, surely £3.5k isn't the cheapest quote!?

Incidently, I'm with AF now, and the renewal came through the post on Monday, and it's NOT cheap! Better start phoning around tomorrow.

Shop around mate, surely £3.5k isn't the cheapest quote!?

Incidently, I'm with AF now, and the renewal came through the post on Monday, and it's NOT cheap! Better start phoning around tomorrow.
Strange you should say this, I've spoken to 2 people this week who have had renewal quotes 25% higher than the previous year, one of them got several quotes lowers, and after telling his current insurers, they matched it without question, makes you you think, do they really value their customers?

Hi,

we can usually work with trader NCB, feel free to call us on 0208 3645500

Thanks

Lol yeah normally Im like that but my renewal is October, I'm fed up with bad news so limiting it to one bad bit of news a day :)

Cheer Kai

Right to update this, I've had to chase them a few times as they don't call back but once I pinned them down, using my traders NCB, they came in at £572 FC, £700 if I lower and remap, well chuffed with that.
That said, I had a very tempting traders quote: £895 F&T, unlimited stock, unlimited personal cars, performance, modified (this being very rare) is it worth the extra cash to be able to jump into anything?

Cheers Kai

Right to update this, I've had to chase them a few times as they don't call back but once I pinned them down, using my traders NCB, they came in at £572 FC, £700 if I lower and remap, well chuffed with that.
That said, I had a very tempting traders quote: £895 F&T, unlimited stock, unlimited personal cars, performance, modified (this being very rare) is it worth the extra cash to be able to jump into anything?

Cheers Kai

Does traders policy cover for theft of the vehicle? Looking at your first post, I guess you need to ask yourself if you are going to chop and change in the next 12 months?

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's Fire and Theft. As for chopping and changing, I don't really want to, grown out of that, but it is nice being able to jump into other peoples cars and not worry.
When you ask me and I actually have to explain, it doesn't sound worth the extra £300, I have a week to decide, maybe if Sky insurance can go even lower on 3rd party F&T then it'l be a no brainer.

Kai

A part-time traders police used to be the cheapest route to third party cover a few years back.

So I phoned sky insurance back, turned out that £572 WAS third party! Not impressed at all!

Try Swinton got my traders policy thru them £ 10,000 worth of full comp cover for £580 ...same price last two years:thumbsup:

Thank you, I think a lot of it comes down to postcode, my insurance was a lot cheaper when I used my dads Wiltshire address, shame I can't do it again really. Well it's D day tomorrow, will update after, fingers crossed.